13) 'tight knit family'

please excuse any mistakes.

"it's like you're someone else

"it's like you're someone else."
_______

There's something strange about the Gray family. Every person in town knows it. So much mystery surrounds the tight knit family of five. New secrets and rumors blossom about them once in a while. Sometimes they're true. Sometimes they aren't.

This little rumor, however, is definitely true.

Elias Gray is a murderer.

Sheriff William Manning looks over the crime scene photos that are sprawled across the wooden desk of his home office. The pale body of Clarissa Evans is a stark contrast from the pool of dark red blood that surrounds the entirety of her body.

The jagged cut on her throat stands out the most. He's seen this scene before. Seen the same cut on a victim's throat five years ago.

Her name was Talia Wright. The ex girlfriend of Elias Gray.

A brunette. Dark brown eyes. Her bruised skin was unrecognizable from the amount of blood that covered her body. On that day, her skin color might've well been red. She was in a pink dress. A tiara was not too far from her body at the crime scene. She wore a sash with the words "Prom Queen" on it.

Murdered on prom night. The story of the murdered prom queen was all over the local news. Parents were scared for their daughters. There was a murderer lurking in their small town of Woodfield.

William has to look back at that time and laugh. How could they all have been so blind to the truth? The murderer was Elias Gray. The last person to see her alive.

The boy did have a reputation of being troubled, and he wasn't exactly the model teen. He was violent, harsh, aggressive. The evidence of his behavior was the variety of different colored bruises on Talia's skin.

William himself had warned his own children to never become friends with the boy. Let alone date him. Too bad Talia Wright's parents hadn't done the same.

If they had. Maybe she'd still be alive today.

It was no shocker when Elias had gotten away with the murder. His father covered everything. Paid off the police department, who were greedy for any money they could get. Paid off the girl's parents, who were in need of the money. The man even paid for the funeral.

He did everything he needed to in order to keep the Gray family's reputation intact.

Once the police ruled the death as a cold case, John Gray ran for mayor of Woodfield. He won with the majority vote. Thousands went into his campaigning.