Chapter 4

On their way to Lumiose City, they saw their friend Alain. Ash and Alain had a battle and it was a tie. Ash used Pikachu and Alain used Charizard.

"That was a great battle, Ash!" (Alain)

"Yeah!" (Ash)

"Let's do that again sometime." (Alain)

"Deal!" (Ash)

They walked up to each other and shook hands.

***

"We're finally in Lumiose City!" (Ash)

"Yeah! And there's going to be a Master-Class showcase in Lumiose City right before the Kalos league!" (Serena)

"Really? Cool! You're going to go against whoever wins the semifinals right?" (Ash)

"Yeah!" (Serena)

"So, when is the showcase?" (Clemont)

"Tomorrow! I should get ready. I need to defend my title." (Serena)

***

"Ok, Braixen, Panchum, and Sylveon. That's enough training for today. Let's get some sleep." (Serena)

***

"Good Morning!" (Serena)

"Hi, Serena!" (Ash)

"Hi! So, can we go now? I want to see Serena perform!" (Bonnie)

"We still have 2 hours until the showcase starts. I want to practice my routine one more time, them we can go." (Serena)

"In the meantime, I'll train for the Kalos league." (Ash)

"I'll help you! Let's have a battle!" (Clemont)

"Then, can I watch you practice, Serena?" (Bonnie)

"Of course!" (Serena)

"Yay!" (Bonnie)

***

As soon as they were done their training, they headed to where the showcase was held.

"There it is! We're here!" (Serena)

Serena headed off to get ready while the others sat down in the audience and waited for the showcase to start.

"Good afternoon everyone. I'm Monsieur Pierre, and I will be your guide for today. Whoever passes the first round will get to be in the semifinals. And whoever passes the semifinals will get to challenge our Kalos queen, Serena!"