Chapter 7

"Brock! Dawn! It's been so long! You're traveling together again?" (Ash)

"Yup! We wanted to see what the Kalos region was like, so we came here. Misty wanted to participate in the Kalos league, but I wanted to try participating in the showcase." (Dawn)

"And I just wanted to see what the Kalos region is like." (Brock)

"Cool! And let me introduce you to Clemont, Serena, and Bonnie." (Ash)

"WAIT, DID YOU JUST SAY SERENA?! THE KALOS QUEEN?" (Dawn)

"Uh, yeah." (Ash)

"I'm a big fan!" Dawn said excitedly to Serena.

"Thank you!" (Serena)

"So Ash, are you participating in the Kalos league too?" (Misty)

"Yup! This is my second time participating in the Kalos league. I didn't win last time, but this time, I'll win for sure." (Ash)

"No, I'm going to win." (Misty)

"Says who?" (Ash)

"Me, duh." (Misty)

"Guys, calm down." (Brock)

"Ash, is this what you were talking about when you said you and Misty were always fighting?" (Serena)

"Yeah." (Ash)

"And you still fight." Brock said, sighing. "Even when you haven't seen each other in a long time."

"I have an idea. Why don't you join us?" (Clemont)

"Sure!" (Dawn)

"Let's first go to the pokémon center." (Misty)

"Ok, let's go." (Ash)

*** They finally got to the Pokémon center. (after a lot of squabbling between Ash and Misty)

"Thank you for waiting. You're pokémon are fully restored to health." (Nurse Joy)

"Thank you Nurse Joy!" (Misty)

"You're the most beautiful Nurse Joy I've ever seen. Can I help you with anything?" Brock said with a blush on his face.

"Brock, all the Nurse Joys look the same." (Misty)

"It's okay, I don't need any help. But thanks for offering." (Nurse Joy)

"Uh, Ash? Is Brock always like this?" (Serena)

"Oh, yeah. He likes almost every girl he sees." Ash said, shrugging. "He even likes Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys."

"Oh." (Serena)

"Let's get back to the stadium. I'm almost up." (Ash)

***

"And now, we have a battle between this trainer, Ash, who came in second last time, and this trainer, Tierno. Good luck to both of you." (Prof. Sycamore)

"Charizard, I choose you!"

"Raichu, let's do this!"

"Let the battle, begin!" (Referee)

"Charizard, use flamethrower!"

"Raichu, use your rhythm to dodge! Now, use thunder!"

"Charizard, use flamethrower to counter it! Now, use dragon claw!"

***

"Blastoise is unable to battle, so the victory goes to Noivern, which means the winner is Ash!" (Referee)

"That was a great battle, Tierno!" (Ash)

"Yeah, I may have lost today, but I'm going to get stronger and win next time!" (Tierno)

"Then, let's have another battle soon!" (Ash)

"Count on it!" (Tierno)

*Back with the group*

"You did it Ash!" (Clemont)

"Congratulations, Ash! I knew you could do it!" (Serena)

"Ash, that was awesome!" (Bonnie)

"Thanks, everyone!" (Ash)