Chapter 17 - "Shadow Dusk"

Year: 2022

Location: Halcyon's Main Operational Facility, Japan.

Time: [REDACTED].

Y/n "Aegis" L/n.

>=<

The scene appears to be the facility on lockdown, the elevator's blast doors were opened.. Aegis readied his guns as Halcyon had sent their operatives to stop him.

Aegis:"hello Halcyon... Let's do this.."

He ran towards the panel and started to open the blast door which took long, he took cover by one of the crates as the glass windows were shattered, the deployed operatives started to shoot at Freelancer Aegis.

He started to retaliate back against the Halcyon Operatives with his F57 killing some of the unit groups.

One Halcyon Operative rushed towards the panel only to to be shot in the head by Aegis's F57.

As the progress was complete, the blast door opened and then Aegis ran inside and through the hallways, he turns left and breached the control room door by his Thumper grenade launcher.

He went to the panel and then unlocked the workshop area blast door..he stepped out of the control room and ran towards cover while shooting Halcyon Operatives on sight.

However.. Halcyon ain't gonna face one threat.. Halcyon was going to face more than one..

Meanwhile as the Halcyon Operatives marched towards the workshop area with their weapons ready..

Halcyon Operative#60:"he's at workshop, let's go and stop him!"

???:"hey!"

they looked around and then that's where VTubers had ambushed the Halcyon units.

Calli sliced off two with her scythe, Kiara slashed 3 of them, Gura shot 2 of them, Amelia shot 3 of them, Zeta stole one of the operatives gun which was the CBR-C and accidentally nailed the perfect one bullet headshot on one Halcyon Operative.. they're being attacked by the VTubers.

Before the operatives could do anything they were attacked and killed..

Back to Aegis, the blast door was now open and then he rushed inside.. he then went above the vault and set off the thermite reaction which slowly burning through..

He looked around and to see there were Halcyon Operatives there.. heading towards his location to stop him..he shot them down before they could start shooting their guns at him..

Y/n:"I'm hearing distant gunfire.. maybe I'm not the only one staking this place out.."

As the thermite finished burning a way inside the vault, he jumped down and then planted two bombs by the pillar.

Y/n:"workshop's done.. development is next."

He got out of the workshop area and returned back to the control room, he selected the development area which the lockdown mode on the blast door was unlocked..

He left the control room once again and then ran toward the crates and used it as cover, he pressed the open button on the panel and then hold out as the blast door was in progress..

He shot down Halcyon Operatives with his F57 while taking cover behind the crate..

Meanwhile, the VTubers were looking around for the freelancer while fighting off Halcyon Operatives in their way..

Gura:"he's gotta be here somewhere!"

Calli:"there's too many of them.."

Zeta:"keep fighting! we'll find him soon.."

Zeta shot down 2 Halcyon Operatives with her newfound weapon, the CBR-C DMR.. while taking cover by the concrete barrier.

Back to Aegis he was faced with a Halcyon Juggernaut which he shredded its faceplate mask and its head easily with his assault rifle.

He reloaded another magazine onto his gun and then started to shoot down the Halcyon units.. the blast door was open, then he breached the server room's door open with his thumper, he went inside the server room and planted two bombs.

He got out of the server room and then heads back to the control room to unlock the operations room.

He stepped out and went around the control room and then went towards the panel and started to open the operations room's blast door.. there were no sign of any Halcyon Operatives around..until he heard a gunshot and some screams somewhere around this facility..

Y/n:"guess i'm not the only one.."

Halcyon Operative#110:"there he is! Kill him!"

They started to open fire which Aegis took cover by the concrete barrier, he retaliate back with his assault rifle.. killing all of the deployed units.

The blast door was open and then he went inside the operations room..he planted two bombs at the designated location before getting out of the operations area.

Once he was outside the operations area, he encountered some of the Halcyon Operatives getting attacked and killed by the VTubers, and that's where they finally saw him..

Zeta:"Y/n!"

Gura:"it's the freelancer!"

Y/n:"what the hell? Girls, what are you doing here?! This is dangerous!"

Mumei:"uhhh we're helping you?"

Y/n:"still that doesn't make you girls go here! you'll get shot by them!"

Zeta:"let us help you, I know it may sound crazy but...please."

Y/n:"...*sigh*...Fine..try to be careful and take cover when we encounter them, got it?"

VTubers:"got it!"

Halcyon Operative#120:"there they are, open fire!"

Y/n:"take cover."

They all took cover and the ones who has guns started to retaliate back..once the Halcyon units has been neutralized they get out from cover and then head back to the exit which the blast door closed itself..

They readied their weapons, as the blast opened revealing to be another wave of Halcyon Operatives and their leader as well..

Halcyon Leader:"time to die, freelancer!"

They opened fire which forced the VTubers and the freelancer to hide to cover as the bullets started flying towards them..

Amelia, stole a grenade from one of the operative's corpse.. she pulled the pin and threw it at the Halcyon's firing squad..most of them were unfortunate enough to get caught by the grenades blast while other managed to run or barely escaped the explosive..

They got out of cover and then started to attack and kill them..the freelancer planted the last bombs and then they all got in to the elevator to escape the facility..leaving some of the wounded operatives and a wounded leader to die in the explosion..

>=TO BE CONTINUED=<