Chapter 18 - "Hired"

Year: 2022

Location: still in Halcyon's Main Operational Facility, Japan.

Time: [REDACTED]

Y/N "Aegis" L/N.

Objective: "deal with the airspace threat."

>=<

As they quickly escaped the facility building, the bombs that were planted inside the facility explodes destroying the underground facility..they got out of the facility.. where many Halcyon Operatives deployed outside trying to stop them..they took cover as the operatives open fire.

Suddenly.. Aegis heard a helicopter approaching by.. the VTubers were busy annihilating the Halcyon Operatives that were deployed.

Employer[Radio]:"be advised, you're not getting out that easily.. you've got trouble on the airspace."

Y/n:"yeah, I know we'll take care of it.."

Employer[Rado]:"we?.. don't tell me the VTubers are there to help?"

Y/n:"short story.. they come in like an accidental backup."

The gunship had arrived and then started to fire its machine gun turret... Forcing everyone to take cover..

Aegis threw one grenade and then retaliated back with his F57 assault rifle which damaged the gunship a bit..then the gunship fired one missile at the group which runs away from the radius before the missile hits..blowing up many halcyon operatives as if the gunship doesn't care about friendly fire.

The VTubers were busy taking out Halcyon Operatives, while Aegis were taking on the gunship..

He checked his thumper which it had one round left..he aimed his grenade launcher and then fired the launcher round at the gunship which it blew up on contact on the gunship, he got out of the cover and then emptied his F57 magazine on the gunship which damaged the engine and then the gunship started to lose control on the air which then goes down and crashed onto the ground..

Aegis sighed in relief as he defeated the airspace threat..

As he was about the leave..he was stopped by Zeta which she held his wrist looking at him..

Zeta:"come with us...please?"

Gura:"mr.freelancer, our boss would like to speak with you."

Y/n:"....*sigh* fine ..."

They got inside the Halcyon humvee and then drove toward the Hololive/Nijisanji HQ..

>=Timeskip brought you by Y/n buying the freelance heist gamepass=<

They had arrived at the HQ where they escorted the freelancer to the CEO's office.

There were many VTubers there, watching him..

Elira:"so that's the freelancer.."

Nina:"yes Elira, that's him.."

Selen:"to be honest tho..he looks cute.."

Elira:"yeah..I agree with you, Selen.."

The Freelancer entered the CEO's office where the best boi or waifu was there waiting for him..

Yagoo:"so you're the freelancer Aegis"

Y/n:"yeah...that's me, you're the CEO of this idol agency right?"

Yagoo:"that's right, anyways..I have an offer for you..an opportunity that you might like.."

Y/n:"as long as there is paycheck..I'm in.."

Yagoo:"there is..and it is worth millions..plus our fellow members have an interest in you.."

Yagoo:"I want you to be their bodyguard."

Y/n:"......is that all?"

Yagoo:"yes, that is all."

Y/n:"......honestly...sure I'm in...where do I start?"

Yagoo:"tomorrow or now, it depends if you want to have a rest for today..but I recommend now so you can introduce yourself to our fellow members.."

Y/n:"aight..deal."

They shook their hands and then Aegis took his leave..leaving the CEO all by himself again do the paperwork..

Yagoo:'i hope you enjoy your new job Freelancer.'

>=TO BE CONTINUED=<