Chapter 58

After seeing that Chance was safely and comfortably tucked into his bed, Karma decided she would talk to the King and Queen without him. On her way to the throne room, she mind-linked her mother.

"Hey mom?"

"Karma! Theo told me what happened with the Prince...Have you been with him all this time?" Christina asked eagerly, concerned for her Prince but mostly her daughter.

"Sort of. He ran off and I had to go find him to make sure he was okay...Look, we have a problem. A few of them, actually." She said with a sigh.

"What's wrong?" Christina asked, and Karma could tell by the tone of her voice that her brow was creased with concern. The thought made her smile a bit.

"We haven't been together much lately, and you've always been my rock and my go-to when I need advice...We've both just had so much going on, but now...We need to talk" she confided in her mother.

"Tell me when and where, and Faith and I will be there. You know that" Christina vowed.

"Well...I want to say right now, but I think I have to just make a decision without advice, then ask for your help after...It's urgent" she told her mother, then began nervously chewing on her bottom lip.

"What is so urgent that it can't wait an hour for us to chat?" Christina asked, clearly disagreeing with her daughter's plan.

"War" Karma said sadly.

"War?!" Christina demanded incredulously.

"I'm trying to stop it. I'm almost to the throne room, where I'll tell the King and Queen my plan and—"

Christina cut her daughter off. "No, young lady. You will tell me your plan, so I'm not worrying about you for the next Goddess-knows-how-long!" She insisted.

"We can talk about it later mom. I love you, I'm at the throne room so I have to go" Karma said, then quickly cut the link. She wasn't quite at her destination yet, but couldn't bear to be talked out of her plan. She was barely willing to move forward with it, as it was.

While going through the motions of reaching the throne room, finding the Royal couple were already in a meeting, and opting to wait as opposed to interrupt, Karma found some time to chat with Alessia.

"So you don't want to be with our mate...But now that he won't realize we're mates, this is your plan?" Alessia asked.

"Look, I'm just trying to stop a war from starting, okay? Then, once everything has calmed down we can figure out a way to return his wolf to him...And that's as far as I've made it in my planning" Karma admitted with a sigh.

"Once his wolf returns, he'll know the truth. I don't think he'll be willing to let us go" Alessia pointed out.

"Well, hopefully he learned with Theo that the decision isn't just his" Karma retorted stubbornly.

"It's not just yours, either" Alessia snapped back.

"I know" Karma murmured, and really she did know. She felt guilty over her divide with Alessia. They had always been on the same page about mates, and their intention was to never look for theirs. Unfortunately, the Moon Goddess had a different fate in mind for the two, and Karma had to decide what to do.

For the moment, the one thing she did know was that they couldn't admit the truth to the Prince just yet. He was still hurting over Theo, and without his wolf to confirm what she was saying, she was worried how he'd react.

"Now entering, the Spectre!" A booming voice announced, bringing Karma back to reality. The large, ornate doors of the throne room were swung open and a clear path was before her to the King and Queen. She approached swiftly; but, before she had made it to the couple, the Queen was already on her feet and rushing towards her.