Chapter 17

Taylor followed me to the hammock. When we got on, she snuggled against me. I looked down at her legs, and saw little lined scars.

"Taylor, What are these all these lined scars here for?" I asked.

Her face grew pale, as she quickly tried to pull down her shorts. "O-oh. Those? T-There nothing. I fell i-into a tree." she stuttered, clearly letting me know it was a lie.

"Hey look at me," I said, staring her directly in the eye. "What are those from. Taylor, I love you, We have to have trust in each other and be honest with each other." I said as comforting as I could, pulling her closer to me.

She let out a big sigh, took a deep breath and talked.

*Taylors POV*

Ethan was right, we had to have trust and be honest with each other. I sighed, took a deep breath, and said. "Depression, which led to self harm."

My eyes started to tear up, and Ethan pulled me in for a big hug, kissing me on my forehead. "Taylor, I'm so sorry. If you want we don't have to ta-"

"No, it's fine." I interrupted. "I had an older brother. He did drugs, and then one day he committed suicide. Turns out he was really depressed, but no one ever new. We didn't even know that he did drugs until we found them in hidden places after his death. So, since then I guess I've kinda been depressed. Except when my mom found out, she took me to a counselor, who got me to stop self harming. And she got me on a drug for depression, but I don't really like to take it to often, because than I feel like my brother. So uh yeah, that's my story. What's yours?"

I looked over at Ethan, who had tears in his eyes. "Ethan, What's wrong?"
I said concerned.

*Ethans POV*

After Taylor told me her story, I got very emotional. She asked me what was wrong.
"I think we have more in common than we know." Taylor looked at me confused.

I took a deep breath, and rolled up my shirt sleeves.

"Oh my God, Eth no." Yup, she was shocked.