Chapter 64

Mel's POV
I'm heading over to the Mikaelson mansion to tell all of them the good news. Once I'm there, I knock on the door. Nik answers it and gestures for me to come in. I walk in and head straight for the living room where everyone is.
"So what's so important that you had to come here?" Kol asks.
"I have a child. He is my son and I hope that you can all appreciate it and maybe visit soon." I suggest. They all nod except Nik who just smirks. He runs in front of me and compels me,
"You will turn off your humanity. You shall only care for your child. You will not turn it back on unless you really want to." I nod and shake my head turning it off.
"Niklaus! What have you done?!" Bekah shouts.
"Calm down Rebekah. It'll all be fine." He replies. I walk out the house and back to the Boarding House. I walk in to see my little baby Damon running around with Damon chasing after him saying 'I'm gonna getcha'. I smile at the sight. I walk down into the cellar and quickly drink a blood bag. I hear the front door open and I rush upstairs. I see Emma and she looks at little Damon then her brother.
"Please tell me that I'm dreaming." She says.
"Nope. This is your nephew Damon Jr. Damon Jr.... This is ur Auntie Emma." He nods and runs to give her a hug. She hugs back.
"Right. Little Damon. What do yo want to eat?" I ask.
"Pancakes!" He yells running into the kitchen. I follow after him and start making him 2. I hand them him and he eats them. Once he is done, I pick him up and take him to the living room. I turn on the TV and put his channel on. He sits on my lap and cuddles up to me and starts watching the program that is on. About an hour later he is asleep so I lift him up and take him to Damon's room. I lie him on Damon's bed and kiss his forehead. I head out the room again and see Damon on the couch.
"Hey Mel. How is he?" He asks.
"He's fine. He fell asleep so I took him to your room to sleep." He nods and I sit next to him. Emma sits next to me and we just sit and talk catching up.
"Are you ok Melanie?" Damon asks. I look at him confused.
"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I ask.
"I don't know. Ever since you got back from wherever this morning the brightness in your eyes have dulled. They hold no emotion but around Damon Jr.... You are full of emotion. You turned off your switch didn't you?" He replies.
"Yes and no. Niklaus compelled me to turn it off and only care about my child. He told me to not turn it on unless I really want it." He looks shocked and then angry.
"Is that where you were this morning?! You were at the Originals's house?!" He bellows.
"Yes Damon. Look. I gotta go out for a while ok?" He sighs then nods. I walk out and try to find my next snack. I haven't had any blood from the vein since the second last day before I left here. I see Matt and see him going into the woods. Is he an idiot? I follow him then pin him against a tree. I bite into his neck and start drinking until I'm ripped off him. I look up and see Damon stood there. He bites his wrist and feeds Matt his blood. Once he has healed Damon looks at me.
"What the hell were you thinking?!" He shouts.
"I wanted a snack. Haven't had blood from the vein since the day I had everyone trapped in the classroom." I shrug. He growls then holds Matt up.
"I will snap his neck right here right now if you don't turn on your humanity." He says.
"You're bluffing. You wouldn't." I say smugly. He shrugs and snaps Matt's neck. All the emotions coming back to me except they don't take a toll on me. I stay calm. I look at Matt's dead body. He's dead. Damon loos at me curiously.
"Is your humanity back on?" He asks. I nod and he sighs in relief.
"Good. You're lucky he was wearing his ring." I look at Matt's hand and there was the ring that brought him back from the supernatural. I sigh in relief and stand up. I walk out the woods and back to the Boarding House. Little Damon runs down the stairs and I quickly wipe my mouth. I clean it all off before he sees.
"Mommy! Where daddy?" He asks.
"He will be here soon baby. Ok? I love you." I say.
"I love you too Mommy." He says. I pick him up and take him upstairs to Damon's room.
"Hey. I was wondering if you wanted to know grandma and grandpa? Me and maybe daddy are going to find them. Do you want to meet then?" He nods and I kiss him on the forehead.
"Alright munchkin. We will go tomorrow. Let's go to sleep." He cuddles up to me and we fall asleep straight away.