Chapter 118: Risk-taker

[RISK-TAKER]

ARCHER'S P. O. V

While I was in my room, my mind was clouded with thoughts of how I could possibly explain myself to Deth. The guilt weighed heavily on me, knowing that accepting that deal was nothing short of a betrayal. After all, Elisse was his girlfriend. Even though he didn't seem to care much about her anymore, it still validated the rumors from before—rumors that I had feelings for Elisse.

"You fucked up, right?"

Leo's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. He's sitting on the next bed. "Yeah," my voice was barely a whisper.

Everyone seems to know what I did. Hindi ko lang alam kay Deth. Inaasahan ko naman na 'to kasi bago pa man din ako hilain nina Xenor papunta kay Eunice para sabihin ang tungkol sa ginawa kong kagaguhan, binigyan ko na sila ng rights para sabihin sa iba ang ginawa ko. Naikuwento ko naman na sa kanila ang lahat-lahat, walang labis, walang kulang. Wala naman na akong planong itago sa iba ang tungkol dito. Tsaka hindi ko rin kasi alam kung kaya ko pa o may lakas pa akong harapin sila para makapagpaliwanag. Pumayag naman sina Xenor pero kailangan ko pa rin daw harapin ang iba pagtapos kong makausap si Eunice. Wala na akong nagawa kung hindi tumango.

"Looks like we were both blinded by love. Inaamin ko, bago pa mangyari 'to sa inyo ngayon, umaasa ako na may pag-asa si Elisse na maging kaisa natin."

Napalunok ako. Yeah, he's right. Being too blinded by love sucks.

"But that would be impossible. There's a big rift between her and our girls. Trusting her, giving her a chance... it would be like betraying our girls, and that's something I can't accept." Dagdag niya.

"I'm on my Eunice's side," may diing sabi ko. I will always be. I would always stand by her, no matter what. Even if the whole world turned against us, I'd choose to be with her every single time.

Isang malaking kasalanan ang nagawa ko sa kaniya. Alam ko 'yun at deserve ko ang galit niya.

"Are you really sure with your feelings about her?" Leo asked, doubt creeping into his voice. "Collect yourself together, man. Confirm your feelings with her dahil hangga't naguguluhan ka sa nararamdaman mo, madali kayong masisira ni Elisse."

"I'm sure. I'm sure of my feelings for her. Mahal ko siya. Siya na matagal na. Siya palagi." I declared.

Leo narrowed his eyes at me, tilting his head slightly as if assessing the truth of my words. "Then bumawi ka. Eunice is a nice girl. She improved a lot. Alam mo 'yan. From someone na masungit at maarte, she's now bearable and that's because of her love for you."

I know that Eunice fell first but damn, I fell so much harder. Every moment I spent with her only deepened my love for her.

Fuck that deal.

Flashback.

My eyes widened in shock as I felt someone grab my hand. I turned quickly. "Elisse?"

Before I could say anything else, she pulled me along. "Let's go."

We ended up in the middle of the forest. She finally let go of my hand and turned to face me. "Have you thought about it? 'Yung bibigyan kita ng chance?"