robbers//the 1975

robbers//the 1975

The first thing Luke sees when he wakes up is his husband's bare back, pastel purple panties the only thing covering his body. "You're still here?" He asked Ashton.

"Of course, you cutie. I think I'm going to be here for a while." Ash went into their en suite bathroom, closing the wooden door behind him. 

Luke's head fell back onto the sheets. He stared at the ceiling, 'it's hard to free your mind when there's roof over it' was written in Ashton's calligraphy then taped up there. Ashton was always more productive than Michael. Mike would have amazing ideas, but never carry them out. Ash would be awake at three in the morning working on improvements. 

Luke took a deep breath in, exhaling sharply. He closed his eyes again, squeezing them tight before opening them again. He wants to believe this is all just a bad dream. He wants to believe that one day he'll have his Michael back forever. No one else but the beauty he fell in love with. 

He kicked the sheets off of his body as he moved around the dark room. His cold hands dug through the black drawers of his bureau. He had to go into work today, there was a new client and Luke needed them to be a success. He hasn't had a hit on the label in a good nine months, and that was a problem.  

Luke pulled on a black tee shirt over his head. It was one of his favorites, there was a block of galaxy print across his chest, and then black pocket over his left chest. It made him feel young again. It made him feel like he did when he first started his own recording company—a young, free-spirited kid who was simply doing this for fun. 

He squeezed tight jeans up his lean legs. By the time they were up his hips, Ashton had come out of the bathroom. 

He was in a Lilly Pulitzer dress, the print in hues of blue. It was a nice collar that showed off Michael's collarbones. "He has such a terrible body," Ashton spoke. 

Luke furrowed his eyebrows, "What do you mean? I love Michael's body." He turned back to face the wall, grabbing his black leather watch and placing it on his bony left wrist. 

"It's awful. He has these wide hips then all this fat around his stomach. How does he live with it?" Ashton was going around their bed, tucking in the sheets and fluffing the pillows. 

"Well, he gave birth to two children, he's bound to have a little bit of extra skin. I wouldn't want him any other way. Don't you dare do anything to his body." Luke faced Ashton, his blue eyes filling with fury. "I'm serious."

Ash put his hands up in defense, Luke noticed that his arms and underarms were freshly shaved. Michael was going to be mad. "Okay! I was just trying to help."

The blonde rolled his eyes as he opened their bedroom door, walking out into the hall. He could hear Alex's alarm going off, which meant Nick was already up. 

Luke took large steps down their white carpeted stairs. Their cat was sitting at the bottom of the stairs in a laundry basket of fresh clothes. Luke curses that cat for always getting fur on their black clothes. 

He reached down to scratch behind her ears, only to be swatted at by the grumpy animal. Luke swore to himself as he quickly sucked on the fresh cut. He continued walking through the house, trying to remember what needed to be done before he leaves. 

The kitchen was clean—something it hasn't been for weeks. All the dishes were put away in the right places, the sink clear of dirty plates. Luke took out a deep blue mug and placed it under the coffee machine. 

He pressed the power button and found the right k-cup. "Brew faster!" He yelled at the slightly noisy machine. 

"Dad!" Alex's voice echoed form the upstairs. "Why is Ashton still here?!"