twisted logic//coldplay

Luke sat at the dining room table, flicking his navy blue pen over a contract. He had his lawyer on the phone as they discussed the small-printed words carefully. 

The blonde was supposed to be in the office today, but when a surprise visit from Ashton came along, he didn't feel like that was an option. 

Ashton was cleaning the house, a duster in his hand as he cleaned the dust off the bookshelves and television. He was humming a tune to himself as he circled around the house. He felt so happy and free, not a single voice in his head. 

"I can't bring it into the office today, but I'll try tomorrow," Luke said into the phone. He pushed the paper aside and leant back in the chair. He rubbed his eyes with his right hand as his left held his cell phone close to his ear. 

He opened his eyes and Ashton was standing in front of him, batting his eyelashes in a devious way. 

Luke silently shooed him off as he tried to listen to the important man on the phone. Ash stayed, even taking a step closer to Luke. He placed his hands on Luke's shirt, fixing the collar. He brushed his hands over Luke's face, feeling the rough texture of his skin. Ash fixed his hair, restyling it into a proper quiff. 

"Look, Jim, I've gotta call you back." Luke hung up, flinching away from Ashton. "Dude, piss off. I'm trying to do work."

Ashton pouted, "That's not nice."

Luke looked at him while radiating a sarcastic diva. "I have so much to do right now, I don't have time to entertain you, too."

"I just want you to love me," Ashton said. He took a step back, turning his body and running out of the room.

Luke swore to himself. He got up from his chair, the legs scraping against the maple wood floors. He followed Ashton around the house, finding him sitting on the couch with his hands crossed over his very big stomach. "I do love you, Ash, but I'm busy right now."

"You don't love me."

Luke sat down next to him, both of them staring at their feet. "I care about you, a lot. But when I have to get work done, I don't have time to express it."

"Am I fat?"

Luke almost chuckled at the sudden change of subject, but he didn't want Ashton to break out in tears. He wasn't able to handle anyone crying, Luke would start crying. "No, you're beautiful."

"I know I'm beautiful, that's not what I asked." Ashton turned to face Luke, leaning his head on his partner's shoulder. "Do you want to feel my stomach?"

"Not really, no."

"You don't want to because I'm fat."

Luke rolled his eyes once more. He softly guided Ashton onto the couch before straddling his thighs. The blonde was so used to so many different routines. He lifted up Ashton's shirt just the tiniest bit as he placed his hands on the six month belly. He ran his long fingers up and down the stretched skin. "Such a beautiful baby in a beautiful boy."

Ash smiled, closing his eyes and resting his head against the pillows. "Are you excited? I know Michael is."

"Do you know when Mike is going to come back?" Luke sat back, placing his hands on the edges of Ashton's sweatpants. He rubbed the material between his two fingers. 

Ashton shook his head from left to right, "When I say so."

"Don't be a piece of shit. I want my Michael back."

Ashton pouted out his bottom lip. "Don't call me mean names. And, he isn't yours." He pushed Luke off of him, clutching his knees to his chest. 

Luke stood up. "I'll be in the dining room. Don't bother me unless you're Michael or the house is on fire."