T•W•O | Every Breath You Take

Hey guys!

Holy smokes thank you for the awesome feedback on this story! I appreciate it so much! I hope to hear from you all again!

I was able to plan out the chapters for this story, looks like a total of twenty!

Thank you Jesse_Winter_Soldier  for beta reading! I appreciate you so much!

All mistakes are my own!

Happy Reading!

-Sif

The smell of bacon frying, light caramel, the almost nutty scent of coffee brewing, and the ding of the bell in the kitchen welcomed Steve as he walked into Patty's Diner. The black and white checkered flooring and old red padded booths are tabled and lined with chrome. Lunch counter with red padded stools, regular older men sit at the counter chatting back and forth, drinking coffee, and eating biscuits and gravy.

He spotted Natasha waving at him from the back corner. He nodded to the waitress, stopping at the counter to pour himself a cup of coffee; he was a regular fixture at Patty's.

"Hey guys.", Steve greeted as he hurried into the booth next to Sam.

"So tell me about this baker girl.", Natasha asked.

"Hello Steve, how are you this morning? Oh, I'm good; thanks for asking Natasha.", Steve said before sipping his coffee.

Nat rolled her eyes, "Hello Steve, how are you this morning? Tell me about the baker girl.", she smiled, cradling her chin with her hands, elbows on the table.

Clint snorted, sipping his coffee.

Sam, the traitor, had spilled about Steve's frequent visits to Cakes and Coffee.

"How's the family, Clint?", Steve asked, trying to change the subject.

Clint opened his mouth to reply when Nat spoke up, "No way, Rogers, spill.", she insisted, "I heard you've been there every day this week."

Steve scowled at Sam, who made his best impression of innocence.

"Please tell me you got her number at least.", Natasha said, sipping her milkshake. Who orders a strawberry shake with breakfast anyway?

Steve sighed, knowing she'd do a full background check on Aubrey if he didn't give her something. "No, I didn't get her number.", he admitted licking his lips nervously. "I did get her name yesterday morning.", he smiled proudly.

Before anyone could reply, Carol, the waitress, walked over with a tray loaded with plates. They had been coming here enough that she knew their orders; her kind brown eyes and graying hair wrapped in a tight bun on her head.

"Here we go, kids.", she smiled, grabbing the first plate. "Spinach omelet with a side of bacon for Natasha.", she said, placing the plate in front of Natasha.

"Stack of hot cakes with a side of sausage for Clint.", she sat the plate in front of Clint, pinching his cheek playfully.

"French toast with a side of bacon, for Sam.", she sat the plate in front of Sam with a wink.

"And a Rogers special, a double stack of hot cakes, two sides of bacon, and two sides of sausage for Steve.", she smiled, sitting two plates in front of Steve.

"Thank you.", they all replied happily.

"You guys enjoy.", she smiled and headed back to the counter to grab the next table order.