T•W•E•L•V•E | Walk On the Wild Side

Oh, what do we have here? Another chapter posting itself? Huh, that's weird 😉

Happy Friday, guys! Here's an extra chapter this week! 😘

All mistakes are my own!

Don't forget to like and leave me a comment! I LOVE hearing from you, guys!

-Sif

<•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~>

Aubrey's mood had significantly improved; she wasn't faking her smiles anymore; she was honest when she said she was good. She had made an off-handed comment about wanting to go out with friends again; Zak and Sasha suggested a club; Aubrey said no, but after a week's worth of pestering, she reluctantly gave in to them. So, Aubrey found herself sitting in a crowded bar, with the music touch too loud, playing some nineties pop song and the colorful lights a bit too bright, nursing a rum and coke. She looked down at the ice cubes starting to melt in the dark liquid; she sighed, stirring it with the little red straw.

"What'd that drink do to you?"

Aubrey looked up, confused, "huh?"

The bartender nodded to her drink. She was still stirring. He was tall, head of thick dark blonde hair and kind hazel eyes. Aubrey pulled her hands into her lap, feeling embarrassed.

"I'm Mitch," he said, wiping his hand before holding it out to her.

She took his hand, "Aubrey," she replied.

"Nursing a broken heart?" He asked, grabbing a glass and filling it with ice.

Aubrey raised an eyebrow, watching the man curiously.

Mitch shrugged, "You see a lot being a bartender." He said, assembling a mixed drink from what she could tell. "Let me guess; he's the one who ended it?"

Aubrey nodded, "Yup. Story of my life," she mumbled.

"Well, for what it's worth, he's a fool." He said, placing the orange drink in front of her. "On the house," he winked.

Aubrey blushed, "Thanks," she said with a shy smile.

"Ah, I knew you had a gorgeous smile," he said, tossing the towel over his shoulder.

Aubrey sipped the new drink: fruity, pineapple, orange, and something else.

"Aubrey!" Sasha shouted, draping an arm around her, "Let's dance!" the intoxicated brunette said. She looks sexy in her pink cropped long-sleeve blouse, her slim tanned lower stomach on display, belly button ring sparkling under the club lights, her dark painted-on jeans, and simple heels. Her brown hair pulled back in a sleek, tight ponytail with braids.

Aubrey felt like a potato next to Sasha; her hair was curled, half pulled up, and the rest lay on her shoulders, long sleeve, very low-cut black top with straps crisscrossed over her breasts, dark-washed jeans, and ankle boots. Sasha had picked the top out for her.

She shook her head, "No way in hell! Sass!" She replied over the music, taking a long pull from her drink. Starting to feel the effects a little, she downed the rest of the glass and ordered another from the cute bartender Mitch.