T•H•R•E•E | Hooked On A Feeling

Happy Tuesday, Guys!

I had a tooth cut out yesterday; feeling a little sore today, but not much pain! Thank goodness! I was off work today so I filled around with some ideas and I've added two chapters on! I am just in love with this ficI

Thank you @Jesse_Winter_Soldier for powering through this chapter to get it back to me! You are the best!

Happy Reading!

Next Chapter will be the 27th!

-Sif

<~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~>

Aubrey lay in bed fiddling around, staring up at her iPhone, which was open to Steve's contact information. She'd thought about him asking her out all day; work seemed to drag that day. Saturdays usually went by fast too. She sighed, dropping the phone onto her chest; Kash looked up from his spot at the end of her queen-size bed. Once he was sure his beloved human was alright, the German Shepherd yawned, stretched out, settling back into the mattress. His honey golden eyes closed as his breathing started to even out; the canine didn't bother moving when he heard the bedroom open or felt another human flop into the bed.

"Excuse you.", Aubrey mumbled, scooting away from Zak, who had just invited himself into her bedroom.

Zak sighed, "Why are your sheets always so soft?", he asked, rubbing his hands on her dark sheets.

"Because I wash them regularly?", she said, rolling her eyes.

Zak shook his head, "Nah, it's cause you've got them bougie bamboo sheets.", he said, rolling onto his back, head close to her. "Sooooo, did you text him and tell him yes?", he asked.

Aubrey chewed on her lip, "No, and I don't know if I will or not.", she admitted.

Zak frowned, "And why the hell not? You guys totally zinged!", he said, shooting his hands up and dropping them dramatically.

Aubrey shrugged, "I'm scared, Zak.", she admitted. "And that whole thing with my grandfather, I'm sure that's bound to be unearthed."

He reached over, grabbing her hand and linking their fingers together. Zak knew this was more than that; he knew Aubrey was insecure, she had always been. "First off, not every guy out there is a Brad. I mean, look at me..", he gestured with his free hand, "I am living proof that not all men are fuck boy Brads." He pulled her hand up, kissing it, "You're not the same girl you were back then either."

"And secondly, you are not your grandfather. You have never been; look at you doing everything he didn't want you to do. Your grandma would be proud.", he smiled.

Aubrey winced at the mention of her ex's name and grandfather as she chewed on her bottom lip; it was a nervous habit. It was no secret that Zak hated the guy, with good reason. He made her feel guilty for eating certain things and commented about her stomach. He said he only said anything because he loved her; she now knows better but the residual effects of his toxicity remain. Aubrey was too big, she wasn't pretty enough; along with his mind games about her body, he was always jealous of her friendship with Zak, telling her straight men and woman can't be just friends. On several occasions he tried to get her to move out of her shared apartment with Zak, saying it wasn't suitable for his girlfriend to live with another man. Thankfully Zak stood beside her and talked her out of it. Being college students who worked minimal hours, she and Zak lived on ramen noodles and frozen pizza's the first year and a half they lived together. Her grandfather was another story entirely and one she would not like to think about, thank you very much.

"Regardless of the fact that he is Captain America, who served in World War II and is a semi-active Avengers, he's a man under all that patriotic garb." He waved his free hand around, "And he is a man who is interested in you.", Zak finished looking over at his best friend. Her mouth opened to protest or speak. He wasn't sure, but he put a finger on her mouth, "And before you start with, you can't possibly know that blah blah blah.", he said, mimicking her, "I know that because you're a catch, babe. If we weren't forever in the friend zone, I'd totally tap that ass—"