Chapter 6 - A Friend in Deed...

happy reading fellas..

Harini friend Indhu is sitting in front of Karishma and Haseena who were interrogating her about the mysterious murder of her friend that happened five days ago....Indhu head is lowered and not meeting their eyes...she is not talking just silently sitting and wiping thinking about her friend..

After the crime scene...Haseena and Karishma comes to the station to do the further investigation...after few hours they saw Mira coming inside the station with young woman of age around 20 looking sad.... followed by Rajbir...Mira took her to the interrogation room while Rajbir comes to his seniors...

"we have found her in her home...she was going somewhere with her family....and guess what...her house is three blocks away from the crime scene..."

"what...!! said Karishma with wide eyes...

"yup... we too got shocked when we came to know about her...." said Rajbir...

"did you guys asked about Harini...? didn't she know about her murder..." asked Haseena..

"yes...and told us that she had no idea about her murder nor about her whereabouts...she got call five days ago about visiting her and then she never showed on her door step... she tried to call her back after waiting for many hours but all she got switch off..."

"then why she didn't try to look for her.... when Harini phone was not ringing.." asked Karishma...

"Indhu thought that Harini must have gone somewhere so she did nothing. when she heard the name of the murder, her senses were blown away....all she was saying that she should done something else instead of waiting for her..."said Rajbir..

"for obvious reason why would she say like that..." asked Haseena..

"no idea..."

"alright, you guys take break...we will talk to her....and about that local number, did you to find anything on it...." asked Karishma while taking the files...

"no, still on it... we will get the info soon..."

"okay keep working on it...we will go and talk to her..."said Haseena and follows Karishma...

Near interrogation Room 2...

Haseena stops Karishma from going inside...Karishma confusedly looks at her...

"I know we have case to solve....but plzz will you eat something....you have been running all morning...you should take some rest for a while..i will take the lead from here...."said Haseena with concern..

"I am fine... As long as I don't get the answers I will not sleep..."said Karishma and goes inside the integration room....Haseena nods in disbelief and follows her inside...

"so Miss Indhu..can you tell us ,what is the relation between you and Harini.." asked Karishma taking a seat in front of her...

"she was my best friend since school time.... college ke baad we got separate jobs... and left from there...but we do talk with each other when we get time...

"on the day of the murder... what you were doing and where were you..."

"I was at home with my husband waiting for Harini...I was preparing lunch for her...I think your officer already talked to my husband..."

"yes, they did...so what really happened...when she didn't showed up at that day and why she was here in the first place...from Mumbai..." said Haseena..

Indhu takes deep breath and keeps her joined hands on the table... "her parents died in accident one year ago.... they were on their way to her wedding place when it happened... after getting the news she broke down... and her fiancé left her alone to deal with everything...I was there for her when it all happened. she was depressed and couldn't do anything just sitting alone in home...I wanted to help her but my work got in my way and had to leave her to her grandmother who was taking care of her...after sometime I got call from her and she told me that she is doing fine and resumed her work...we talk every day and she was becoming normal at a time....then I got busy with my work and lost contact of her...I don't know how to connect with her again...then one week ago.. again she contacted me...and told me that she is coming here to take some rest away from everything for a while and wants to meet me...five days ago I again got call from her and she asked my home address....i told and waited for her....but.." Indhu wipes her tears "never thought she would be found like this after she have been through a lot..."