Chapter 14 - A Promise to You...

happy reading fellas..

20 years ago..

The car is riding on the road in the early morning...the cool breeze hitting the face of man who is driving the old Abaster car while listening to the old songs...he looks at the passenger seat where her daughter of age 8 year sleeping peacefully holding a photo of her mother to her chest....the man feels bad and caresses her daughters head and then concentrates on the road....

after sometime he wakes her up...the girl slowly opens her eyes and get up...the man smiles seeing her sleepy face...

"Abbu..why did you wake me up....i want to sleep..."the 8 year old complaints to her father..

"I know dear...but look at the road and around the place...don't you want to enjoy this town before we reach home..."says Abbu and drives the car..

The girl looks out of her car window and looks around the place while going....its true the place is giving her good vibes and making her fresh in the morning...she smiles lightly and gets mesmerized by the nature....after sometime they reach the cottage and Abbu stops the car in front of it...the girl looks at it and looks at Abbu who is giving her genuine smile and asked her to wait inside....he gets down and soon greeted by man and middle aged woman...

Abbu greets them and talks to them...then turn around and ask the girl to get down.....the girl gets down from the car and walks towards her father and holds his hand tightly...the man and old woman smiles seeing the cute kid....Abbu ask her to come at the front..

"Hasu...meet Kamal uncle and Meena maa...they will be taking care of us while we are staying here..

"hello...."

The old woman comes toward her and cups her right cheek... "she Is really beautiful... and cute....and we are very happy that you came here to treat our people."

"its my job and I can't say no to the authority when they offered me this camp to cure people with mental illness....as Psychiatrist, I know how it feels...so I am honoured to be here..."

"please come sir...I know you two must be tired of traveling...I will take your bags and Meena maa will show you the room..."says Kamal while getting the bags from the car..

"yes and i have made breakfast for you...first you can go get fresh..."says the old woman and takes them inside the cottage which is allotted for them for staying..Haseena looks around the house and feels little comfortable and quickly runs her and there.. all laughs seeing her cuteness....

After few hours they get fresh and Meena maa serves them the breakfast....they chit and chat, ask about this place and about people...soon town authorities comes to the cottage to meet the Doctor...soon he gets busy with the people while Haseena get bored so Meena maa takes her nearby places so that she can enjoy for while...Haseena looks around the place happily and ask many questions to her..

Meena smiles and answers very questions patiently...after walking around the places, they reach the cottage and Haseena noticed that Abbu meeting is still going on...she gets irks and goes to her room...Meena maa goes to the kitchen to prepare the lunch...

While going upstairs Haseena hears scream of someone which is coming from the backyard...she quickly runs towards the backyard and see a kid of age 6 crying silently on the ground...she must have fallen down while running... the girl shows her injured arm and knees to Meena maa who is consoling her.... Haseena also saw the basket of bread on the ground which shattered around her......Meena maa goes towards her and holds her carefully...takes her to the kitchen to apply some medicine..