Chapter 18 - You, It Was All You...

happy reading fellas..

Karishma thoughts were broken by the sound of car horn... she looks up and sees the traffic in front of her...Rajbir calls her and this time she turns her face to him...

"what happened.... we were talking about something and you just dozed off...are you okay..." asked Rajbir with concern voice...

"I must have slept due to the medication....i am just really tired..."

"if you want, I can take you back home...i can do the investigation alone... after all its just the enquiry..."

"no... i am fine...i am sorry..."

"don't be...it happens..."

Karishma takes deep breath and drinks the water...

"why it is taking so long to reach..."

"I took another route ...a short cut way...to reach there in time but forgot about this traffic..."

"did you get the call from Mira...did she find anything"

"no... she talked all the patrolling officer about the killer...they told her after that incident they didn't find any suspicious thing around the city...they are keeping eyes on every streets and abandoned area.... nothing happened till now...i gave her the address and she will reach there anytime soon..."

"hmm.... that's means the killer is taking time to plan his next move..."

"seems to be..." Rajbir drives the car after clearing the traffic... "hey...I forgot to ask you.... you didn't tell me about that missing case..." Rajbir looks at Karishma who is just staring at him... "if you are not comfortable, you don't have to..."

Karishma doesn't say anything and looks out thinking about dark life ...Rajbir just gaze back at her ...

On the other side...

Haseena opened the second room of the apartment by switching on the lights...she gasp seeing the newspaper cutting all over the room...she comes at the centre and looks at the white board at the front where many victims name, their suspects and motive are written on it...she comes between many murder articles as well... also finds the missing articles about the kids all around the world....Haseena reads each and every article in the room....she felt betrayed by seeing all of this and also worried about her friend...Haseena never thought Karishma has been working in many case secretly...but why she doing all of this...

Then she remembers what her colleagues told her about the novel, she is working...maybe she collected all this information just to write the story of her own...but why would someone keep a secret...writing something like this usually people share with their family and friends then why she is hiding everything....

Roaming around the room Haseena eyes falls on some case files ...she takes out it and reads it one my one...that's when her minds blows seeing the name of the case file...she starts sweating seeing the name on the file...

Never in her dreams Haseena thought that Karishma still trying to open the old wounds... tears start to roll from her eyes and knees down on the floor with thud.... she is clutching the files tightly while thinking about the past....

.

"no... i just think myself in their shoes...to feel what it's like when you can't find the answers..." Rajbir looks at her with confused face... "when I was kid, I went missing for two days..."

"whoa...really..."

"yeah.... i was...i uhh ....i don't remember much.. don't know who kidnapped me ...all I know that my father got murdered during that dispute...i was unconscious and didn't have any idea what really happened...when I woke up, my guardian told me that the kidnapper killed my father and took me with him...i was found two days later...police didn't know who was kidnapper..."