Special Chapter

The scent of the fresh morning breeze attacked my nose. I immediately used the back of my hand to squish my nose as I already felt the itchiness from the cold wind. I began to have weird allergies ever since I gave birth to my son, Kenneth.

My husband, my son, and I all went on a trip abroad to celebrate my birthday. Kenneth has been talking about his fantasies that include going to his dream destination, Switzerland. I have adored the beauty of Switzerland, so I agreed with my son the moment he proposed his idea. My kind hearted husband, Nathan, didn't even bother to contradict our son's and my plans. I remembered him saying, "Kung saan masaya ang mag-ina ko, e di doon tayo.", with a huge smile plastered on his face as he both held Kenneth and I and locked us in his huge arms.

I still can't believe that I am now getting older. Parang kailan lang… nakakulong pa ako sa impyerno. Looking back, I wished for death to consume every night. I wished to never open my eyes once again. I am glad that I didn't give up my hopes, because if I did, I wouldn't probably reach my own heavens, which is my family.

Our law firm succeeded and exceeded our expectations. It is now one of the top law firms both in Asia and Europe, as I expanded our firm for the past years, not just in the Philippines, but also, in Spain. I managed to be successful despite what happened in the past, that's because I chose to be strong, I chose to fight for what I deserve.

And I also wouldn't be as tough if I didn't have anybody beside me. It is hard fighting my battles alone, and so, I am truly grateful for Nathan. My knight in shining armor, my angel, the father of my child, my husband.

Nathan and I both worked on our careers, and even without each other, we can be successful on our own. I advocate for women empowerment so most of the cases I am handling are about Violence Against Women. I always make sure to make the abusers pay for their crimes and sins. I show no mercy on them, as they never did show mercy on their victims. The jail should serve them right.

As of now, I am aiming to be a judge. And so, even though I am certain that I am already doing well in my career, I still aim to be the best. There are times na nalulunod na ako sa trabaho, and Nathan is the one who will remind me to pause, to breathe, and to take a rest.

Kenneth grew up very handsome, I would say mas gwapo pa siya kaysa sa kanyang ama, dahil pinaghalong genes na namin siya ni Nathan. He is now eighteen years old and he already has a girlfriend named Isabella. She's a daughter of my past client whom I handled an annulment case with. She's a battered wife, and the thought of her experiences angered me. I felt so sorry for her.

We booked a rental house for our whole stay. Nathan and I decided to take a whole month of leave from work to enjoy our vacation here in Switzerland. The house we rented looked very cozy and warm, especially because the weather is cold and I am allergic to it. I get these weird rashes all over my body whenever it's cold, so having a cozy and warm place is nice. The walls were made out of lumber, so if the house isn't this big, it would surely pass as a cabin. It's a three story wooden and glass house that looked somewhat similar to the Cullens' house in the Twilight movies. The furniture was all complete, the owner made sure that the guests will have a comfortable and wonderful stay.

I flinched when I felt a huge arm that snaked around my waist. I felt the tip of my husband's nose on my neck, sniffing my scent like it's his favorite.

"Morning, my love." he gently breathed on my neck.

A small smile curved on my lips. Oh, this man. When will I stop falling for him? Probably, never.

"Good morning, Nate. What do you want for breakfast?" I asked.

His eyes darted to my face, he paused for a bit, probably thinking about his desired food.