Chapter 26 : HEARING

TRIGGER WARNING : MENTION OF SEXUAL ACTS

"Do you think I can win this?" I asked Nate, who's now having a hard time in wearing his necktie.

I shook my head. Hindi na natuto sa pag-aayos ng necktie niya, e. Hmp.

I walked towards him and gently stole the necktie from his hold.

"Ako na," marahan kong sambit bago nagtaas ng kilay sa kaniya.

I needed to move my head heavenward because this man is too tall.

"You know what Nathan? I am starting to think that you're intentionally acting like you suck at this. Necktie lang naman ito, nahihirapan ka pa."

He has this amused grin on his face.

Hah. Tama ako?

"And what made you think like that, Attorney?" he asked while trying to hide his smirk.

"Because you wanted me to do it for you." I straighforwardly said.

Akala ko ay matatakot siya o mao-awkward manlang pero hindi. He even seemed to enjoy this.

"I'll remain innocent until you proved me guilty." he said playfully which made me roll my eyes.

Ganito lang ako ngayon pero sa kalooban ko ay kinakabahan talaga ako.

This is my first time to represent someone in court.

It's actually interesting to some because the first person that I needed to defend is myself.

We are still in his condo, we are currently waiting for his driver. We are headed to the Supreme Court, which is the highest court in the Philippines.

I hope that unlike from my first attempt in making Mateo pay for what he did, the court will favor on me this time.

Nathan and I were both on our corporate attire. Nathan in his black blazer and inner white dress shirt, black slacks, and pointy toe black shoes, looked so dashing. He more looked like a CEO bachelor than a lawyer.

I am wearing pretty much the same with Nathan's attire.

A black blazer, white long sleeve inner blouse, black pencil skirt, and black pumps.

My long hair is in a tight bun and I am not wearing any cosmetics except from my red lipstick. It is the only type of make-up that I have.

My crimson red lipstick fits perfectly on my fair skin tone. My long and thick lashes doesn't need any mascara, as well as my thick brows. It is perfectly shaped on its own.

I looked powerful, I must say.

I hope that I will also have the power this time. Wherein I can make Mateo go to prison, where he should be at.

As soon as Nathan's driver arrives, we immediately went to where we're headed.

Because Mateo is an influential man, the media knew about the case that I filed against him. We were the talk of the internet for weeks now.

Kahit ako na tinatago ang tunay na pagkatao sa lugar namin ay naisiwalat din. News flies too fast. You won't see it coming.

Ang mga reporter ay dinagsa kami nang maaninag kami sa may parking lot. Good thing, Nathan's security is too uptight. Ngayon lang yata siya nagpasalamat sa tatay niya para sa mga body guards niya.

"Make sure they won't touch Kendra." Nathan instructed his head of security.

"Yes, Attorney Velasquez." The head of security nodded and immediately instructed his men of what Nathan told him.