CHAPTER 1 ( koi na yokan)

KOI NA YOKAN

Origin - japanese

The extra ordinary sense upon first meeting someone, that you will one day fall in love

AIDEN

I never wanted Florence to die. Never. But here she is. Body no longer producing heat, mouth foaming at the corner, head lolled to left side, eyes completely dilated, frozen and fixed on the balcony's door.

As I close the bathroom's door and walk into the room in my boxers with hair dripping wet, I dial Killian. He's my fidus Achates. As I divulge the events leading to Florence's demise, I open the balcony's door of my hotel's room to savor the Aegean's wind in the fall for the last time. Ending the call I flip the phone on the seat and climb the parapet wall to gain a better view of the ocean ahead.

Just as I was savoring the view, I heard the euphonious voice saying HEY,HEYY, MISTER DON'T JUMP. I turn around displeased and perturbed to look for the source. The second I glance at the long haired girl with the smallest but alluring eyes, I knew she took something from me. Whether it was my heart or a piece of my soul, I wasn't sure.

I was both, solaced and distraught at the same time. I didn't know, feeling both in a single moment was even possible.                                                                                         I had completely zoned out and was brought back to the present when her euphonious voice got a little closer to yelling. 
I have no plans to jump, but,  for her sake, just her sake I"ll play along.                                                                                                                                             Out loud I say, "why shouldn't I"?                                                                                            In that moment I peruse the captivating woman, while she ponders for a reply. Long black hair, small dark chestnut irises, long heels, knee length red sequenced dress displaying her generous curves.                                                                                                                                        
I am intrigued, I am definitely intrigued.                                                                               She's still fumbling with a reply when I ask my earlier question again, "why shouldn't I jump, moro"?                                                                                                                                                                                  "Because, because you have to feed your pet", comes her unprepared reply.                                                                                          I smile. Genuinely                                                                              "You are right moro, I have 14 pets who will feed them if I jump". But I really have to jump you see". I wait for her reply, while she fidgets her fingers.                                                                                      "What about your mom, she would be so sad without you".                                              
This time there was a little more conviction and a bit more desperation in her voice. "Oh yes, yes my mom, but you see she already likes her daughter more than me, so that's a dead end unfortunately".                                                                                                                            "Oh so what about all the fun things which you haven't done yet, huh?", she says.                              
"what other fun things, moro, give me an example", I say keeping my voice flat.                                     
She's at a loss again, not knowing how to convince a man on the ledge. Finally after ruminating she said the eccentric-iest thing. "Q-tipping".                                                                                              "Q-tipping?", I repeat                                                                                                                                                   "Yes Q-tipping, don't you get the amazing feeling while cleaning your ear", she responds.               
"So you want me to live for Q-tipping my ears?" I enquire.                                                                        
"Okay, okay how about other fun things, like achieving your ideal BMI, or, or, running a marathon or trying a triathlon or learn a new sport", were her latest incentives.                                      
"I have a perfect BMI, and as for the rest, done, done and done"
Rummaging her brain further she offered, "I bet you haven't gone scuba diving or gone snorkeling and and experienced the marine life up close, and also horse riding or mountain climbing".                                                           
Glykia mou agapi, I've done all these things, and now since you don't have anything else to offer can I have my last moment of peace and just do the deed, huh? I say with a smile.