chapter-3 (bita a jaxlinn)

BITA A JAXLINN

Origin- Icelandic phrase

Bite the molar and move ahead

Phrase is used when one is facing something difficult but decide to push ahead anyway

Athina

The next morning when I woke up my bed side clock displayed 8.

Shit. I am late.

He must be on his way.

37 minutes later when I went down my father, Aliki and Aiden were having their coffee.
My father was visibly irked.
Aliki was standing by his side and Aiden, well he looked just fine. He was relaxed and comfortable. He was seated comfortably in the chair and was having his coffee.
Killian nudged him , indicating my presence in the hall. Aiden stopped talking, got up from his seat and said to my father

"its impious to keep one's fiancé waiting Orestis. We can continue our discussion after I return. Please excuse me for now."

He looked at me , gave me a wide smile and said
"good morning Athina"
And kissed me on my mouth.

My father wasn't happy one bit. He everted his eys from us.

"slept well?", he asked

"yes" I smiled at him.

Something wasn't right. Pappa wasn't happy last night and now he just looked down right offended. But Aiden. It was as if he was living off the discomfort .
Killian was standing alert at a distance .

"what happened here. Why is everyone solemn? Is everything all right ?"

" we'll see you in the evening Orestis. Come Athina." Aiden said while offering his hand to me.

I looked at pappa, then at Aliki. They both looked troubled. I shifted my gaze to Aiden who was still waiting with his outstretched hand .

"chrisso mou, go. We will talk in the evening. ", my father said , diffusing the tension in the room.
He looked at Aiden and said."I expect her here by 6 today."

Aiden didn't reply and looked me. When my father smiled at me , I took his offered hand and Aiden once again ushered me out of my house.

As soon as we sat in the car, I asked him

"what happened inside Aiden?What were you both talking about? Why was he upset.?

"it's a beautiful morning athina, we are already late and I don't want you brooding over minor issues. Let it go and enjoy the day. We have so much to accomplish in so little time , moro.

"Aiden I just want ..

"I said let it go. I will handle it. "

The authoritative tone said he was done with conversation. The look on his face made me keep my thoughts to myself.

Neither of us spoke for the next 17 minutes and 39 seconds , but who's keeping the tab.

Pantheon recently opened their new restrauant in Athens. The walk to the eatry is mesmerising. One has to take a short walk to reach the sitting area.

We were almost halfway into our little traipse, when Aiden spun me around to himself. Before I could realise what happened , his mouth was already on mine.

The man could kiss , I have to admit. His tongue never danced for dominance, it demanded my complete submission. One hand on the nape of my neck and another on my waist circling from behind, I had no room to make any movement. I was in his authoritative hold.