CHAPTER-17 (SHIKATA GA NAI)

SHIKATA GA NAI
ORIGIN
—Japanese
it can't be helped
or
let go of what you cannot change

Someone

"it's done. Mainos is finally dead. it's been a week now, since the news of his demise hit the media. It was reported, he succumbed to his fatal injuries received during the earthquake. The family is devastated and are requesting the media to respect the privacy of the surviving grieving family. Are you happy now? hmm? And will you finally do something in life other than your fruitless pursuit of the dead?"

"was the funeral grand? Did his wife attend?", I asked him not looking up from my laptop.

He took a long deep breath and sighed.

"stop this nonsense. Mainos is finally dead. His immediately family attended the funeral and so did her family. Mrs. Mainos is dead too, remember.", he stated.

"do I have any projects now? I ask him

"serval actually. The German defector was caught, and the authorities would like to know what exactly did he tell the Americans. The Greek billionaire is about to go bankrupt, his company will be shredded and eaten, he could use a little of your funds again. Anonymously of course. Mexicans would like to extract information's from their betrayed ones. Are you up to it but? You killed the subjects in last 7 assignments. Better stick to safer ones. The authorities would like to eliminate a certain few French politicians, flawlessly. or the best one. Manchini might have a new heir after the last one was found dead under mysterious circumstances, and the old Russian fox likes to stay one step ahead of everyone. He needs him found. And eliminated asap.

This time I do look at him
and say it once and for all

"I am ready. I will finish the rest and then finally search for the Manchini heir. Let me know where to begin. Gather information."

"are you oaky?"

"yes I am. I've accepted the bitter truth. It's over.