Chapter- 13

RE-NAO

origin - Chinese (Mandarian)

A fun, lively place with an inviting vibe that makes you want to be there.

AAYRA

"How long will you keep testing my patience, Aayra? Huh? Don't you get tired of getting hurt?" Thwack.                                                       Thwack.                                                                                                                                "YOU KNOW VERY WELL THE CONSEQUENCES OF NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS IMMEDIALTELY. AND
YOU       (THWACK)
STILL.   (THWACK)
CHOOSE (THWACK)
TO          (THWACK)
KEEP.     (THWACK)
MUM.     (THWACK)
EVERY SINGLE TIME
(THWACK)
(THWACK)
(THWACK).

"I am sorry . please. (sob). s-op (hiccup) urting me. Please i swear i will answer. (hiccup).

"AAYRA"

"AAYRA"

"AAYRA"

"AA-Y-RA"
"OPEN YOUR EYES. YOU'RE SCARING CHIARA"

And just like every other time, I followed his command. I actually opened my eyes. I gave him no time to speak. I sat on the bed and folded my hands and begged him.

"I am sorry Chrissy. Please. I will never do this again. I swear. I will never ask his help. Please last time. Forgive me please."

it took me 5 seconds to realize that it wasn't him. It was Augustino. And a scared Chiara clinging on his leg. But it felt so real.

The dream.

I quickly wiped my tears and took several deep breaths.

"I am sorry Augustino . I didn't mean to scare you."

He didn't say anything. He just blankly stared at me.

"Chiara came screaming to me Aayra. You were speaking while sleeping. She's just a small child."

We both looked at Chiara.

I opened my arms to her. "I am so sorry sweetie. It was just a nightmare. I promise I am fine now."

But Augustino picked her up and took her in his arms. "Aayra I'll take her with me tonight."

My heart sank. My heartbeat dropped.

And he noticed it. He turned to look at Chiara and said, "Aayra had a nightmare about dementors Chiara. Shall we give her a chocolate? Hmm? Will you help her to sleep today?"

She looked at me and said, 'I know the spell Aayra. Exespo Uranus. Don't worry. But promise you will not scream"

I nodded and she willingly climbed down at my lap. "uncle Augsie if she can have chocolate, can I have one too?"

"its ok pari, I am fine now. I don't need that. And since you know the spell I don't need to worry about them now. Come I'll take you to bed now."

"If you want, you can sleep in her room tonight Aayra."

I nodded and he proceeded to leave. At the door he turned and looked at me. Opened his mouth to say something but instead shook his head and left.

Next day after we dropped Chiara at school I avoided meeting his eye. The nightmares are getting livid and they feel so real. His mere thoughts make me fidget my fingers and fist my hands.