Chapter- 21(basorexia)

BASOREXIA
an ir-resistible desire or a strong urge to kiss somebody

AUGUSTINO

".......... I don't fucking care."
My mother instantly admonishes me. And points to Chiara seated nearby. I apologize, with my eyes, and continue eating
"My point is, what Chiara will do in that party. It's a birthday party for an adult, 24-year-old not 2 and 4 year olds Ma. I don't think she should attend. "
"Liana called me personally and was insistent that I bring Chiara. She's going. End of story."
when my father uses that authoritative tone, one doesn't disobey.
"And if you are so concerned about her getting bore, ask Aayra to look after her. She's invited anyway, since she and Liana are now friends". Dante casually said.
Too casually.

I know its trap.
How I know that, I don't know.
What the trap is , i don't know that either. But it's definitely a trap
The way Dante said "friends" I knew he was goading me.

Play it cool Augsie
Play it cool.

"I've already arranged her a dress Augustino. My friend opened her couture line a while back. I am sure she'll like her dress." Gianna said, standing a foot away from all of us. She looks like she's about to lose her color and puke all over herself.

"Okay fine, charge the dress to my card and Dante for god's sake take your wife to a doctor. Gianna, no offence but you don't look very good." I say genuinely concerned for her.
"I trust your choice Gianna but I don't know your friend. Choose something nice. I don't want anyone thinking I am not a good employer. Hmm?"

I ignore their collective glowering and eat my food in peace.
Only Nonna was watching me.
Watching me intensely.

**********************************************************************************

AS SOON AS I lay my eyes on Aayra, I knew I shouldn't have taken Gianna's help for dress scouting.
Who in their right mind asks 40,000 euros for 2 short pieces of shimmery cloth held together by teenie tiny delicate chains.

who in their right mind pays 40,000 euros for 2 short pieces of shimmery cloth held together by teenie tiny delicate chains, without seeing it first.

My conscious hits back bitterly

Dante and Gianna need to stay away from her.

Pink is definitely her color, combined with the cowl neckline, bare back, thigh high slit on the already delicate dress along with her preferred 2.5 inch heels make her look like Venus herself decided to grace us mortals.
These heels would look exquisite on my shoulders.
Why am I taking her there .

Ah yes, Luca Dante Davide, Nonna, everyone made sure I let the poor overworked girl enjoy her life a bit. Also Liana was calling her almost daily now, so ........
and why the hell is she fidgeting so much

"Am I looking okay, Augustino? she asks

" sei uno spettacolo mia cara. You look umm umm ummm nice Aayra."

Nice, NICE, N.I.C.E!!
Well I clearly can't say drop dead gorgeous, fuckable, edible, hot .
Nice will have to suffice

As I open the car door for her, I breathe in her fresh mildly floral scent.

What if I kiss her hard right now.
And then eat her here, out in open on the hood.........

I take a deep breath and reign in my urges. I round the car to my side and start.

I noticed that she's not her usual chirpy self today. The continuous pull on the straps of her dress, repeated checks on the neckline, hand fisting the fabric at the slit, so her thigh, knee and very kissable and smooth calf remain covered.
I am going to kill Dante. It was his wife's decision that Aayra wear this dress.