Chapter 5 (anstrengung)

ANSTRENGUNG

ORIGIN-GERMAN

To make one last effort

AIDEN

Buzz                                                                Buzz                                                                Buzz

Groaning I switch on the bed side lamp and look at the time.

Who the fuck calls at 3 in the morning

I curse, still daze in sleep.

But when I see the number flashing, all my daze evaporates.

"Athina? Is everything all right. Are you all right moro? Its 3 in the morning." I rasp out in one breath

"ai-aiden, pappa? He's missing .                                                     he  (sniffle)                                                    left with or(sniffle) ad.                               Hasn't retun(sniffle) ome. (sob)               I am wor(hiccup) ied. I don(sobbing)"

"Athina clam down. You are not making any sense. Let me talk to someone else."

She was quite, I could only hear her sobbing.

"ATHINA," I shout.

"a-i(sob) come here please."

And that's all it took for me to take my car keys. I was already out of bed and was banging my fists on Killian's room .

"its 3 in the morning Aiden. Wtf. I just...."

"Athina's in trouble. She on the call. We need to leave. Something about Orestis"

"Call Stamper, Xeno and Javier."

I say to her on phone "Athina, is Marcus there? Or Russo?

"they (sob) with papa. Aiden I am scared."

"is Aliki with you?"

I could hear Athina asking Aliki to talk to me.

When Aliki spoke, it was clear she was sobbing too. But she conversed better than Athina.

"Aiden , its Aliki. Your father took Orestis, Marcus and Russo. They haven't returned yet. We are worried Aiden. Orestis wouldn't take our calls. We don't know what to do. Please call up your father and ask."

"My father?"

"yes Michalis took them with him. Athina came home little after midnight. Orestis said he would be home by 1. Please Aiden (sniffle) I beg you. Find out where is he. We are....."

And she started sobbing

Killian was out and ready to leave with him. Xeno was a night owl and was already up. He and Stamper were waking up Javier.

"Aliki, don't worry. I will find him and bring him to you. Can I talk to Athina?"

"(sniffle). Ello?

"Athina listen to me very carefully. I am sending Stamper to stay with you. Do not let anyone else enter the house. Do you understand?'

"(snifle) es

"ok, good. Calm down now. I promise you Orestis will be there before the sun comes up. Okay?

She was sobbing uncontrollably now.

"I need to cut this call now. I will find him and get him to you."