CHAPTER- 14

Take By Persuasion, Not By Force
BIAS OF PRIENE
(one of the seven sages of Greece)

Athina

"what did you eat, moro? you hid it from me, your husband, did something behind my back. Am I correct to assume that it was something bad, hmm moro? "

His voice had become calm. Way too calm. Calm, like a storm is about to hit.

It was intimidating.

I felt small standing in front him. I knew what was I doing. I had the pill on purpose. But I should've talked about it. The events of the past few weeks left no room for us to converse.

"Aiden I-I umm took a pill" I said with my eyes on the floor.

I was startled when he gently placed his index below my chin and lifted my face. I refused to lock eyes with him.

He chuckled and asked me to meet his eyes. When I did, I found him smiling. But it didn't reach his eyes.

"was it the second thing you wanted to say?' "huh?" "you said you wanted to say two things. first being you would like to continue your faith, but we never got to the second thing. Was it this?"

I nodded. When he raised an eyebrow indicating he wanted a verbal response, I said yes.

"I do not recall you visiting any doctor in the last month and as you said before Orestis's security didn't left any room for dating. Then. How. Did. You. Get. Them?"

He was neither threatening nor warning me. Yet I felt he was doing both.
His words ignited small chills in my spine.
Chills of fear.

"I asked Zoë to give me some of hers I wanted to talk to you about it, but you wouldn't talk to me. I hardly know you and what was I supposed to do. Text you. Text a random stranger, HEY I DON'T WANT TO START A FAMILY RIGHT AFTER MY WEDDING. GET ME BIRTH CONTROL. I know it feels like I did something immoral, not asking my husband's wishes in this regard but look from my perspective I hardly know you. I did nothing wrong. Only the circumstances were different and raising the topic felt inappropriate at that time. And if you felt cheated or excluded, I am not going to apologize. Like I said before I did nothing wrong. If you thought, I would be okay starting a family with a total stranger I am sorry to say you are- you are- I don't know umm a a umm misinformed. I agreed to marry a complete stranger but I refuse to become a mother to the said complete stranger's children. I am a good person and and a confident woman and I refuse to apologize."

I finished in one breath. When I was done I saw him grinning. Grinning!! I thought he would start a fight but he was grinning. Grateful to have avoided a confrontation, I took a deep breath and sighed.