Chapter 2 (charmolipi)

Charmolipi

Origin-greek

The idea of bittersweet-ness having mixed feelings about something.

ATHINA

"Yes pappa I will be there".

"No pappa I will not be late this time. Okay then bye bye"

As I disconnect the call I have this unusual feeling

"Pfffffff, pappa sounded, umm umm. Somethings off Zoë, I can feel it. He's never called like this before. He sounded, I don't know anxious"

I am with Zoe, who's currently hiding from her new husband. The beast wouldn't let her rest. Not in an abusive sexual kind of way, but in an overly romantic head-over-heels-in-love kind of way.

Zoe is my cousin who got married a month ago.

My father's father and her grandfather were business partners and brothers. They owned the company that made the iconic comic movie The Counterfeit Coin in 1955. Funny thing is, its director Tzavellas wanted to cast my father in a movie. My shy introvert, strict as hell father was offered a movie.

Pushing the odd thought away I continue my spa session with Zoë.

Life is good here.

When I open the door of the house, in the late evening, Aliki, my father's new wife and my father were in the middle of the movie. It's almost always AMAXAKI with them. The movie was currently paused.

"Orestis Sakellarios, don't say I didn't warn you. You just don't offend him. The consequences would be .....

I didn't hear the rest of the convo as my father switched from speaker to Bluetooth on his phone. He smiled and gestured me to have a seat by Aliki.

My father runs a successful business ranging from fisheries to aviation. To importing spices and nuts. And hotels. And I am his only princess. He finishes his call and I go to him for a hug and a kiss on my cheek. I'm really lucky to have him in my life. Despite being a strict father he is also affable. I really adore him.

He asks the maids to get me my favourite lime water and we all sit back to watch the ups and downs in the life of a coach man residing in picturesque Plaka after the introduction of cars in Athens.

Iris not only bought me lime water but also served us with popcorn.

It feels almost like a family. Us watching the patriarch 's favourite picture which both Aliki and I hate, but we tolerate it for him.

Twenty minutes into the movie, my father spoke

"Why didn't you tell me you met Aiden over coffee chrisso mou. Why was I informed such a crucial information about your life from outside sources? Not to mention both Marcus and Russo failed to report the information to me".

My popcorn filled hand stopped midway to my mouth on hearing his words. I admit he's strict about my whereabouts, but he has never objected about anything before. Ever. And I kind of went m i a for the coffee date with him, ordering them not to hover. Lying I am meeting Zoë and her husband. They are going to have much worse conversation with him.

I draw a long nervous breath and begin, stuttering "Pappa I, I went for a cup of coffee with him. Just coffee. It was after Zoe's wedding in Athens. It was a month ago pappa. I have had no contact with him since. And neither of us met or texted or called after that."

He was quiet for several seconds.

"Aiden is Michalis Andino's heir, chrisso mou. Michalis visited me in my office a week ago. He proposed your engysis. Your and Aiden's