CHAPTER-10 (maaya-jal)

Maaya-jaal (phantasmagoria)

Origin- Hindu mythology

a concept that the present is illusion and the reality is hidden somewhere nearby, invisible to the naked eye.

Athina

it took us 2 hours to reach the port, where his yacht was docked. After sailing for approximately 90 minutes we reached the island in the Aegean Sea.

It took another 40 minutes before we reached the signboard.

Caution!! TARTARUS Ahead

"I thought we were travelling to outer space. I am so disappointed that we are still on earth", I quipped.

"wait till we reach our home, wife. We can sure put this sassy mouth to good use." He quipped back.

"How far now Aiden?" I asked impatiently.

"Good things come to those who wait, wife."

The large impressive iron gates came into view after numerous turns on what seemed like a mini forest. Densely packed trees were standing ominously around the narrow path that allowed only a single small vehicle to pass at time. The entrance gave off the vibes of a haunted cottage the newlyweds go and never return.

Tartarus is a beautifully planned, enormous estate. The entire property is rectangular in shape. With its center being occupied by neatly arranged trees of various fruits, mostly indigenous but some exotic as well. Apricots, peaches, nectarines, and cherries. Its August end, figs and grapes were in abundance.

Around the central fruit garden were numerous small cottages. None of which were higher than two stories. "do you like it, Athina?" I nodded. I lacked an appropriate word for its splendid beauty. The sweet fragrance in the August air was refreshing as well enticing.
"Words moro. Words" it was a command and not a request.

"It's beautiful Aiden."

He smiled genuinely.

He gave me a tour of his enormous estate in the car. He said he would give a tour on foot later. All the cottages in the estate were white in color, with blue windows. , save for one.

He stopped his car in front of a small single story villa. The plaque outside read Athina.

He took me in his arms and carried me inside.

As soon as we entered he slammed me against the wall and kissed me senseless, while his phone kept ringing. When he broke the kiss I was panting. I needed more "why don't you go, freshen up and change, hmm?"

I nodded

"Room on the left after the passage is ours. All your things are already there. I wouldn't be away long I promise."

He then left me alone, again, for his work. The color and decor of the spacious room was tasteful and modern. Large windows adorned the east side. Perfect for viewing sunrise.

What's your favorite thing to do, moro? He had asked while stirring my coffee at the café. "I love sipping my caffeine while the sun rises. I don't like missing either. My caffeine and my sunrise."

He remembered. I smile.

The walk in closet was gigantic. His staff was truly efficient, everything was neatly arranged. I selected a coral colored knee length dress. And made my way to the washroom.

It was expansive, clean, white and floor to ceiling mirrors adorned 3 of its side. All the travel in the car and yacht had my muscles sore. I wanted a long hot shower to relax my muscles and I did just that. Every brand I used for my hair and skin was already in the vanity. I was soaking in the steam when suddenly I shrieked. Someone's hands snaked around my waist and their cool breath fanned on my shoulder. "That's too hot wife, you might burn yourself", Aiden whispered in my ear. I turned to face him, while instinctively covering myself with my hands. I clearly remember locking the door. I took a step back from him, frowning and a little scared.