Chapter 26: Criminal Minds

"For better and for worse"

——

My laughter rang loudly, as he pushed me into the air as I swung up and down. He laughed behind me enjoying my childish self, we had decided to go for a walk down the park as walking up tangled in each other. But I had found an empty park, and rushed inside he decided to push me on the swing instead of joining me.

"Higher." I screamed, throwing my head back as I laughed loudly feeling the cold breeze hit my face.
"I'm afraid my fiancé is going to fly off the swing if I push you higher." He joked from behind, the swing eventually slowed down until it came to stop. I giggled as I got off, he stared at me as I approached him with a wide smile on my face.

"I'm craving ice cream." I said watching him roll his eyes playfully before wrapping his arms around my waist as we exited the playground, we walked further down until a small cafe hut came into view. As we approached it my stomach fluttered in excitement, I looked at the many flavours of ice creams.

"Which one do you want?" He asked, I bit my lower lips before pointing at the raspberry ripple ice cream.
"I want that, two scoops." I said to which he nodded his head and ordered the ice cream I desired, we both settled down on a table waiting for our ice creams to arrive.

"Thank you." I said as I stared at him, he narrowed his eyebrows at me confused to why I was thanking him.
"If it's for the ice cream, that you don't need to say thank you." He said as the waiter arrived and placed our chosen ice cream in front of us, we had two scoops of ice cream in a cup in front of us.

"Thank you for bringing me out here, I enjoyed it." I said honestly, he nodded his head before scooping a bit of the ice cream with the plastic spoon given to him and placing it in his mouth.
"I'm glad you enjoyed it." He said looking into my eyes before his eyes dropped to my lips as I took s bite of my ice cream. I licked my lips before giving it a gentle bite.

"Don't do that." He muttered, his eyes going dark as he kept his gaze on my lips.
"Don't do what." I acted as if I did not know what he meant, I threw my hair back giving him a view of my cleavage.
"Little mouse, your playing a dangerous game." He muttered once again, a smirk appeared on my lips as I leaned closer to him.

"I like to play dangerous." I whispered before leaning back and throwing him a wink. He shook his head as a low chuckle escaped his parted lips.
"Well then I'm the most dangerous man you will ever meet." He said, I rolled my eyes taking another bite from my ice cream.
"What are you a gangster or in a mafia." I joked, playing around with my ice cream which was beginning to melt.

"What if I am?" My eyes snapped towards him, not sure if he was being honest or lying. He stared at me without any smirk, staring dead straight into my eyes.
"So where's your weapon." I continued to joke, not believing that this multi billionaire was part of any criminal association.

"I'm not called a monster for no reason, little mouse. I don't need weapons when I'm one call away from demolishing this entire place." I cleared my throat at his words now frowning, if this was a joke he was playing then he was taking it too far. But if he wasn't...goosebumps ran all over my body I was not sure if it was in fear.

The man in front of me who I felt secure and safe with could possibly be part of a gang or mafia.

"Cut the joke, Damien." I said seriously, but he shrugged his shoulders.
"Would you be afraid if I am part of one?" He asked making me part my lips then seal it close once again.

"I trust you." I said, it escaped my lips without me even having a chance to think what to say. His eyebrows arched as he stared at me for a moment in silence.
"I wouldn't trust me if I was you." I gulped hearing his words, he stood up just as his phone rang he answered it placing it to his ears before a scowl formed.

"I am coming." Was all he said before ending the call.
"We have to go." He said before starting to walk ahead, I stood up following behind him. I jogged until I caught up to him as we reached where the car was. I quickly got into the passenger seat, he began to reverse even before I had time to put my seat belt on.

"What's going on?" I asked, Damien ignored me as he zoomed into the Main Street. It was as if our little moment that we had shared was long forgotten. It was not long before we arrived, the black gates opened allowing him to drive through before stopping in front of the mansion.

I hurried behind him, watching as he threw his car keys to the guard.

"I have an important meeting to attend, stay here." He said pointing to the sofa, I sighed wanting to argue but he was already up the stairs before I could say anything. With a moody face I sat on the sofa, my palms on my chin with my elbow on my thighs.

"What am I doing here? This is my chance to find out, that was the sole purpose of coming to Italy." I muttered to myself, I stood up turning around and rushing up the stairs I remember Susan's direction, to the conference room. I got nervous as I reached the wing where the conference room were. The door was slightly ajar, I covered my mouth as Damien came into view I quickly hid behind a small table which held a big vase.

"So now your going on walks with her." Another voice said, I did not recognise him but he seemed to make Damien mad. Because the next moment Damien had him pinned against the wall.
"She is falling for me, it won't be long before Kelsey feels the same pain I felt and I will kill her with my bare hands." I gasped, covering my mouth as my eyes filled with tears. Damien seemed to have heard my gasp as his head snapped towards me making our eyes meet, I stood up hitting the side of the table making the vase fall to the ground and break.

"Kelsey." He said my name but I took a step back, this was his plan. I had fallen in his plan, he wanted to kill me. My head had began to hurt, I turned around and began to run I could hear his voice behind me, I rushed into a random wing and opening the door down the hall.

"Fuck." I cried out as I hit my hips into a table, which hurt like hell. The paint pallets on the table fell to the ground splattering the paint all over the floor. My eyes looked around making me freeze, I felt like my breathing had stopped.

"Kelsey."