Chapter 31: Underground Torture Room

"She is the poem I never dared to write"

——

A smile formed on my lips as Mabel showed her toys proudly, she explained every toy in detail. Expressing her love for them. I just stared at her, my heart becoming sore that I was unaware she was even alive for the past four years, and here she was a bright little joy.

"You know mummy always say, when you love someone and are not sure about it just like my toy jimmy always close your eyes and see the image that pops up in your head." I smiled at Mabel, I turned my head towards Ariel who placed a glass of orange juice in front of me and I nodded my head in appreciation.

"You want me to close my eyes?" I asked her, Mabel dropped her toys and rushed towards me.
"Yes, tightly no peaking." She said making me chuckle, I followed what she wanted me to do and closed my eyes.
"What shall I do now?" I asked her, she was quiet for a moment.

"Now relax and think about who you love." I laid back on the couch with my eyes closed, I relaxed my self. It was blank for a moment before images of blue eyes and ginger hair appeared in my eyes. A lovely white smile, and how her cheeks would become red when she was either blushing or embarrassed.

I fluttered my eyes open, as I stared at Mable. My smile had dropped slightly, I had not realised but I had fallen in love with Kelsey. Her presence would light up my mood, I wanted to be near her always. I would forget our arrangement was fake, with her everything felt real. But I had messed everything up, she would never forgive me.

"Did you see someone?" Mabel asked, I nodded my head at her.
"I did but she will never forgive me. I have hurt her." I said honestly, Mabel frowned and seemed to be in deep thoughts.
"If she loves you, she will forgive you." Mabel said, I smiled at her she was very mature for her age. Her words were motivation, I knew I hurt Kelsey but if I could get her to forgive me.

Just as I opened my mouth to speak my phone rang, I pulled it out and narrowed my eyes as I saw the 'unknown number' written on it. I answered it and placed it on my ears, instantly I heard a sob on the other line making me narrow my eyes.

"Hello." I said into the phone, I stood up excusing myself as I went into another room not wanting to have an conversation in front of Mabel.
"Kelsey is missing, she was kidnapped." Her mothers voice spoke, her words were slightly shaken and cracked as she said each word. I felt my soul leave my body as I heard her words.

"What do you mean?" I asked, not wanting to believe that my Kelsey was in danger.
"It was a masked man, he shot my husband in the arms and pushed him to the brick fence until he was unconscious. When he woke up, Kelsey was no longer there." I clenched my phone hearing her words, anger fuming inside of me as I had failed to protect Kelsey.

"I will find her, Mrs McGuire. I will bring her back." I assured her before disconnecting her call. I called Stephan, waiting for him to answer but to my dismay it went to voice mail. I continued to call him, but it repeatedly went to voice mail:

"Fuck, Stephan." I gritted out, slamming my palms on to the wall. My heart clenched at the thought that Kelsey may be in danger, I feared I may be too late. But I was hell bent on finding her even if it would be my final breath.

"Need any help." My eyes fell on Ariel, he was good with finding stuff out I wondered if she knew how to hack.
"Can you hack?" I asked, she froze for a moment before nodding her head.

"Kelsey has been kidnapped, I want you to track her last location." Ariel's eyes widened but she did not question instead rushed into her room and brought out her laptop. She did some coding, whilst I shifted impatiently.
"This can't be possibly correct." She muttered making me narrow my eyes at her.

"What's wrong?" I asked, she seemed staring at the laptop screen for a minute before she turned to look at me.
"Her last location which has just been captured two minutes ago is at your mansion in Italy." I froze hearing that, could it all possibly be wrong. Maybe Kelsey was not kidnapped.

I pulled my phone out and rang my mothers number, I had not called this number in a long time. But after I found out everything I realised my anger had taken me too far. Ruined many relationship and one which was with my mother.

"Hello." Mothers voice came through the device.
"Mother, it's me Damien." There was a slight pause before I heard shuffling.
"Is everything alright, is Kelsey fine?" She asked making me narrow my eyes at her question.
"That's what I have called to ask, is Kelsey at home?" I asked her, there was a silence as if mother was taking everything in.

"No she hasn't returned." I disconnected my call as I looked at the laptop screen intently.
"She's not at my house." I spoke, Ariel nodded her head before she continued to do another series of codes.
"Her location is stuck at your mansion. Are you sure there is no underground location in your mansion." Ariel said I thought deep, before my eyes widened at the underground torture room.

"Yes, the underground torture room, but that's impossible no one can get in unless-"
"Unless they are part of your Mafia." Ariel complied and I nodded my head, I felt shocked that someone from my own very men were the ones who had kidnapped Kelsey.