🌹6🌹

🌹Girl fight 🌹

Kemi's Pov

My date with Desmond had gone so well unlike the last time ,and we had plans to meet more often and visit exciting places. I wasn't sure of the trip he spoke off as I had many orders to attend to this month, not wanting to disappoint him i assured him I was going to create time for the trip.

Which twenty three year old lady, will decline a romantic trip ?.

"Wait you must be joking". Ronke retorted. "Some weeks back you kept ranting about how this Desmond of a guy isn't your type.Now a romantic trip ?". She added giving a displeased look.

We were having breakfast , when I had blurted the news to Ronke and i wasn't a bit surprised about her reaction.

"Yes I know". I replied calmly, sipping my coffee." I just want to see how this one goes".

"You have known this guy for barely two weeks Kemi, don't you think the trip thing is too soon?. Came Ronke.

"Not two weeks ,we have known each other for almost a month". I defended.

"Please spare me that explanation, you guys have been chatting for two weeks and only met physically a weeks ago and you met the second time yesterday.Now you claim to have known him for a month? .

"Ronke lets not drag this talk please". I pleaded, pushing my remaining plate of sandwich away, I had lost my appetite. Ronke had a way of making me feel I was stupid, and i wasn't giving her room for that today.

"Well that's how you don't listen, till they shred your heart to tiny pieces". She fired.

"Why don't you face your relationship problem and let me be ". I fired back regretting my words immediately. I saw her face fall and her eyes already filled with tears.

" I will do just that Kemi.I will face my own problems". Picking her phone from the table, she walked away.

I knew I had crossed the line...

Three years ago during our youth service, Ronke had fallen head over heels with Gideon the camp captain. Their love story could only be compared to the Romeo and Juliet story .

Except for the fact that nobody died here.

A lot of people envied them, and I wouldn't deny been jealous too. Wherever you saw Ronke, Gideon was five feet's away, they had earned a nickname.

The camp lovebirds

During our passing out, on the final day, amidst the crowd Gideon had fallen to his knees asking Ronke to marry him, it was a sight to behold as the crowd of corpers had turned silent waiting for Ronke's response.
After a brief silence she had screamed a yes, making the corpers cheer out loudly, while they took pictures of the love birds.

For a week ,their proposal video and pictures was on every social media platform with the headline.

"Male corper proposes to his girlfriend in camp".

Love was in the air and I was happy for my friend, things started to become speedy, when they had announced the wedding date, two months after their proposal .

But the whole lovely story had been cut short, after i had returned from my catering school, to meet a wailing Ronke, crying and shredding her clothes, her hair was loosen , and she had lost weight in seconds, and then she said the saddest news ever.

"Kemi ,Gideon is A.S. We are not compatible.I had understood her statement and didn't ask further questions. Ronke was A.S too.

Taking her in my arms ,we had cried, all night.