🌹16🌹

Dedicated to my Wattpad friend @omah_nwado

Victor's POV

The atmosphere was tense. A little drop of a pin could cause a noise. The nurses carried on with their activities in an orderly and calm manner. I stared at Bukky and Simi who sat on their seats dozing off at intervals. Dad sat with a punch newspaper sprawled on his legs. His glasses kept pulling down from his eyes and I wasn’t surprised.

He was dozing too.

I had arrived an hour ago to the hospital and the sight wasn’t comprehendible. Bukky had been sobbing nonstop while Simi reckoned her calming her. Dad kept pacing around and questioning every nurse that came around. Bola had been present then and returned a small smile that barely reached his eyes.

“Good you came. Nneka needs me at home.” And with that he had strolled off without sparing me a glance.

Obviously everyone was angry with me.

I went through my messages reading all the texts Bukky and Simi had sent all in a bid to get me to return home and the last one had caught my attention. It was from Simi.

"Brother I know your angry. But will you ignore your own mum?. I swear if anything happens to mum I will never forgive you!!."

I stared blankly into space blinking away the tears that glistened my eyes. Simi wasn’t the type to  just say anything that pops into her head. Unlike Bukky who I would have easily disregarded her words. Simi was collected and spoke when she was hurt deeply.

Even if things had turn this way and it was so difficult accommodating the whole situation. I had to admit.

I had failed this people.

Soon a fair skinned nurse walked out of the door walking towards our direction. She  broke into a smile and for some time I would have sworn it was Kemi.

Of late the young lady seamed to had rented a space in my mind.

As if a bell  had been rung. Everyone sprang up, jumping to their feets.Dad was the first to break the silence.

“Can we see her now.” He questioned.

The nurse directed her gaze to me looking me over.

“She requested to see her son first.” She broke in plastering a warm smile. Bukky and Simi returned their gazes to me shrugging.

“You should go.” Dad advised.

With the little strength I hadn’t realized I had. I followed the nurse who happened to be shameless flirting with me in public.

The room was quiet as well. Just the machines that kept beeping. I could barely recognize the woman on the sick  bed. Her eyes were barely open and she had little tubes pierced to her skin.

“Ade..” She whispered but was audible enough. She had noticed my presence. I strolled to her spot relaxing on the bed.

“Ade please we are sorry.” She continued. Her eyes were glistened with tears getting me all emotional.

I was supposed to be mad at this people. I needed to vent my anger on them. But I just couldn’t do that for reasons I couldn’t explain.

“Its okay just try and get well soon.” I replied.

I knew it wasn’t ok.I couldn’t be ok.I needed answers to a lot of questions.

“I will be better if you don’t leave us .” She replied.

 she was sounding selfish again.

“I won’t go anywhere Am here now. Just get well soon.” I replied calmly avoiding the annoyance in my head.