🌹 28🌹

Kemi

In life there is a time to let things go. Time to forget hurtful memories. Time to move on.

Life is literally short.

One moment your with this person and the next second it's all history.
What could be more worse is death.

So, I wouldn't be taking more chances. Enough with the sulking and sober mood over an undefined relationship. Probably, the dude is presently with one of those spoilt white girls under the sheets and here i was, wasting my youthful moments.

And so, even after Bisola had ran in yesterday with the invitation for the party. I didn't give it a second thought. Kemi of yesterday would have declined such juicy invitation.

"Kemi. I still can't believe you would be going." Ronke chirped wide eyed.

"I am as surprised as you are." Bisola seconded adjusting the sleeves to her black dress.

"I don't get it. Why are the both of you musing over the fact that I accepted the invitation?" I threw both hands to the Air, exsparated over their whining.

"Nothing," Bisola replied quickly. " Just that the Kemi that we..."

"The Kemi that you know would have declined the invitation. " I interrupted completing her sentence.

"Exactly." Ronke replied.

"I am going to go. So instead of you two questioning me around. Why don't you check this dress out ." I beamed throwing a red silk dress to the bed.

I chuckled enjoying their surprised faces. Bisola is the first to scream.

"This dress is fucking sexy and beautiful." Ronke beamed picking it up. "Babe, I can't recall you buying this masterpiece."

"Well. I got it yesterday. Desmond sent it to me."

"Did I hear you well. Who is desmond?" Bisola questioned with a frown.

"Her off and on boyfriend I suppose." Ronke replied.

"I thought he is in the past Kemi. That guy is a confused mummy's boy." Bisi confined with folded arms.

"My thoughts also. But kemi wouldn't listen." Came Ronke.

"What were you guys expecting?" I buffed in annoyance. " You have Segun," I pointed my fingers to Bisi. " Ronke will obviously be going with Gideon. I also need a date to fit in."

"Let me get this straight. You don't love him. Yet you received a dress from him. And now his attending the party with you." Bisi queried.

"Speaking of love. We aren't there yet. I need to sort some things out." I objected.

"Okay. If you say so. I just prefer you go out there and find a reasonable man. A guy who wouldn't walk in and walk out of your life anyhow he wants." Bisi advised.

"That's the point. They all do the same thing. Men are clearly the same. They walk in and disappear like thin air. Desmond always comes back with his reasons." I explained.

"His silly excuse that he had to fly his mum to Japan for a naming ceremony. Or his other excuses about his mum forcing him to marry one of her family friends" Ronke huffed.

"He is after all better than someone that disregards people just because he has family issues." I hissed.

"You should be referring to Victor I suppose." Bisi chuckled.

"That name shouldn't be uttered when I am present. He is past and should never be mentioned." I hissed.

They grew quiet and went about with their dressing while I walked away to have my bath. For some reasons I wanted to enjoy every moment and not all this circles about who was good for me and who wasn't.