Chapter 33: Venom.

The heel of Luna's boots clicked along the pavement as she walked towards her coffee shop. She pulled her coat tightly around her, the February weather being particularly chilly this year. As she entered the shop she sighed happily as the heat enveloped her. She greeted her employees as she walked through the back to her office, stopping briefly as they all bent down to fuss Rex who was wagging his tail happily, clearly enjoying all the attention.

"Such an attention whore" Luna laughed as Rex whined when she walked him through to the office, obviously he didn't want to part from all the cuddles he was receiving. She unhooked his leash before he padded over to the dog bed in the corner of the office. She shrugged off her coat before taking a seat at her desk pulling her phone and her laptop from her bag. She huffed and rolled her eyes as she saw the message from Cece.

Do not forget about tonight, I will crazy murder you and you know it.

For weeks Cece had been nagging Luna about going on a date with a guy who works at her and Mac's firm. She'd refused many times, but unfortunately for Luna her best friend was relentless. So she'd finally agreed to just drinks, she felt dinner would be too intimate and she definitely was not ready for that. She knew Cece was only trying to help but she really wished she wouldn't. Luna was quite happy to just being left alone with her wine, her tears and Gerard Butlers Irish accent.

She was absolutely dreading it, she contemplated not going but she knew Cece was right and she would hunt Luna down and crazy murder her. She wished that the ground would just swallow up and at least she'd have a valid excuse.

~~~~~

Since Christmas Chris and Matt had managed to repair their friendship and as much as it had healed part of Chris's broken heart, there was still a huge hole that she had left. Despite them rebuilding their friendship Chris had gotten even worse.

He had fully given up on Luna coming back to him and now he was forcing himself to hate her. He'd being spending all of his time out drinking and going back to his old ways of sleeping around. He would go out get drunk and take some random girl home, using her to fill that empty space inside of him. But it never worked, because they weren't her. He couldn't even cum without picturing her and multiple times he'd yet again been called a pig for accidentally moaning her name.

Scott sat on Chris's bed stroking Dodger as his brother was in the bathroom getting ready to go out yet again. "Maybe we should just stay in tonight?" he called out, "we could get take out, play Mario cart like we used to?"

Chris came walking in to the room after he'd sprayed his aftershave, moving to sit down on the bed to put on his shoes. "Nah man not tonight"

Scott sighed; he'd been trying his best to convince Chris that by continuing down this path he was going to fully wreck himself, but his brother was having none of it.

"Come on man it'll be fun, I'm sure Matt would love to"

"Nah I'm going out, but by all means you can stay home"

Scott didn't want to go out again, but he needed to be there in case Chris really did fully loose it. "It's fine I'll come"

~~~~~

Later that evening, Luna was sat in a bar in downtown Boston across from Graham, the guy Cece had set her up with. He seemed nice enough, maybe a little boring but who was she to judge. However it was clear to her there was nothing between them at all. She knew there wouldn't be, she knew she'd never have a deep connection with anyone else ever again. How could she?

She zoned out as Graham started talking about working at the insurance firm. Her eyes glanced around the bar as she began people watching to keep herself entertained. She noticed a group of guys in the corner on the opposite side of the room who were being incredibly loud and rowdy. She was shocked when she noticed two faces she recognised, Scott and Matt. They were sat with the group but off to the side a little engaged in their own conversation. Then when she properly scanned over the rest of the group, that's when she saw him.

It had been so long since she'd seen him and immediately the goose bumps covered her body and her heart began racing. Even after all this time, he could still elicit this reaction from her. Quickly that faded as she noticed the blonde that had her lips attached to his neck. She felt like someone had reached in to her chest and ripped her heart right out. She knew she had no right to feel this way, she ended things and hell she was even here on a date. Not that she even wanted to be. Since they had split Luna hadn't been able to let another man near her, but here he was basically dry humping some girl in a bar.

Suddenly her fight or flight kicked in and she knew she needed to get the hell out of their before anyone noticed her. Unfortunately that thought came a few seconds too late as those baby blues she fell in love with landed right on her.

She quickly looked away and turned back to her date, interrupting him mid-sentence. "I'm so sorry Graham, I really don't feel great, I'm so sorry but I have to go" she rambled as she began quickly gathering her belongings.

"Oh no are you okay? Want me to take you home?" why did he have to be so bloody nice?

"I'm okay don't worry I'll take an uber, thank you for tonight though" she slung her handbag over her shoulder before she stood up.

"Oh okay no problem, get home sa..." he was interrupted by a presence that had joined the table.

"Well well well, what do we have here?" Luna hadn't even noticed him make his way over, she was so hell bent on getting out of there. Quickly she noticed that he was clearly very drunk, but at least the blonde hadn't come over with him.

"Chris what are you..."

"Don't be so rude Luna" Chris scolded, "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?" his voice was dripping with sarcasm. Luna had no idea what to say so she just stood there frozen. Clearly seeing she was struggling, too nice Graham stood up and held his hand out to Chris.

"I'm Graham" he smiled politely, to which Chris just rudely turned his nose up at the gesture.

"Actually on second thoughts, I don't give a fuck who you are" Chris smirked as Graham retreated back to his seat, clearly he had no idea what to say.

"Chris" Luna was shocked at his behaviour, this wasn't him, this wasn't the man she fell in love with. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me?" He laughed sarcastically as he towered over her small frame, "you know exactly what is wrong with me Luna and it's you. But actually maybe I should thank you because without you fucking me over and walking all over me, I never would have realised how fucking stupid I was being and now I'm the new and improved me"

Luna just stood there wide eyed, she was frozen with shock. She had never seen Chris behave like this and she could see it in his eyes, this wasn't him, she had no idea who this man was.

"Chris this isn't you"

"Oh will you fuck off with that shit Luna"

At this point Matt and Scott made their way over having noticed what was going on.

"Come on man just leave it alone" Matt spoke as he stood in front of Chris, attempting to push him away from the situation.

"No fuck that, I've got something I wanna say" Scott and Matt both tried to drag him away but he was too strong.

"You Luna are nothing but a vicious little bitch and all you did was fuck with me and Matt just like the pathetic little slut you really are"

By now they had gained an audience and Luna could feel the entire bar staring at her. She felt as the tears fell freely down her cheeks. The past few months had left her devastated and empty and she truly didn't think it could get any worse, right until that moment. Hearing those words come from Chris's mouth made her feel like she had just died right there on the spot.

She could see the anger in his eyes and she knew that this was not the man she loved. She had tried to save him by letting him go, but still she managed to fuck him up anyway. Clearly she broke everything she touched.

Finally she managed to will her feet to move and she quickly took off pushing past Matt and making for the exit, but before she could make it outside she heard his voice again.

"That's it run away, that's what you do best isn't it Sugar." The word that was once a symbol of the love he felt for her was now laced with venom and Luna knew she had no one to blame but herself.

A/N: I'm sure we can all say we've wanted to Chris to call us a vicious little bitch so I just had to but that in there😩

A xx