Chapter 29: Support.

Later on after leaving the cemetery, Luna's brothers were dropping her back off at home. "Are you sure you don't want us to stay?" Ed asked as he pulled in to the driveway, "we could eat shit food and watch Disney movies, like when we were kids?"

"You mean when you used to force feed me skittles to see how long it would take for me to be sick?" Jake asked as he got out of the car, heading to the back to open his sister's door.

"Yeah let's do that again" Ed smirked as he also got out of the car, shutting his door behind him.

"As fun as that sounds" Luna laughed, "maybe another time, I really feel like just drowning my sorrows in a bottle of wine"

"Should you really be doing that alone?" Jake asked, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry about me, plus Scott said he was gonna come over so I'm sure he'll be more than happy to join in" she giggled as she embraced Jake in a hug, "thank you for today"

"Anytime" Jake smiled as they pulled away and he placed a kiss on her cheek.

"You sure seeing Scott is a good idea?" Ed asked, he was worried about his sister and didn't want her to get hurt any more than she already has been, but he was trying to be careful with what he said because clearly he couldn't bite his tongue.

"I'm sure, he's my friend Ed" Luna turned towards her older brother, pulling him in for a hug, "I know Chris isn't exactly your favourite person right now, but I just really need you to know, he's not a bad person and whatever I decide I need my big brother to support me. I'm not saying you have to like it, but I need you Ed"

"You know that I will support you in whatever you do Luna" he pulled away from the hug, holding Luna by the shoulders, "Even if you wanted to kill Jake and bury him in the woods, I'd hold the shovel" he laughed as he winked at her, causing her to giggle.

"Hey" Jake held his hand up to his chest feigning hurt, "You're words cut deep man" he then hit Ed on the arm, before Ed retaliated and they entered into a play fight on the driveway. Luna keeled over in laughter at her brothers before pulling them apart.

"Hey, you're smiling" Ed grinned at Luna as she gave them both a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you guys"

"We love you too" the brothers said simultaneously.

"I'll see you guys later" Luna smiled before walking up the steps to her porch. When she got to the door she stopped and turned back to wave as she watched her brothers get back in Ed's car.

"Call us if you need anything okay?" Jake shouted.

"I will, now go away" She smirked as Ed flipped her off before they climbed in the car and drove away. She smiled to herself as she unlocked the front door. Stepping inside she shrugged off her coat and hung it up by the door before she heard the pitter patter of paws on the wood floors. Rex came bounding round the corner excited to see his human.

"Hey buddy" she smiled, kneeling down to fuss Rex, scratching behind his ear where he loved, which coincidentally is also Dodgers favourite spot for a scratch. As she thought about Dodger her mind immediately went to Chris. She'd tried her best not to think too much about him the past few days, but as she'd learnt before, there was no escaping Chris Evans.

She made her way through to the kitchen and grabbed her phone off the counter top. She'd left it at home when they went to the cemetery, she doesn't like interruptions when she's visiting her Dad, so she never takes it.

She flicked the screen on to see several missed messages, a few from her mother checking in, one from Scott to let her know he'd be round shortly and one from him.

She honestly had no idea whether she'd hear from him today. Part of her had wanted him to keep his space, but the other part wanted him to turn up on her doorstep just so she could throw herself back in his arms. Opening up her phone she read over the message,

Happy birthday sugar, I love you.

She felt tears brimming her eyes at the words on the screen. She didn't realise how much she needed some form of communication from him. She felt herself begin to sob, tears clouding her vision. She locked her phone, placing it back on the counter before taking a deep breath. She really had no idea what to do, what she had with Chris was the best thing that ever happened to her, but how the hell could she be happy knowing what Matt was going through?

~~~~~

About half an hour later Luna had changed in to her pyjamas and was sitting on her couch on her second glass of wine while she waited for Scott to arrive. As if he had read her mind not five seconds later there was a knock at her door. She headed over and opened the door to reveal a smiling Scott holding up a bag in one hand and a bottle of wine in the other.

"So I've got wine and Chinese takeout" he smiled as he took in Luna's appearance, she looked like she hadn't slept in days, which he was guessing she hadn't.

"You're the best" She smiled before stepping to the side and letting him in.

"Oh I know" He smirked heading through the living room and to the kitchen. He placed the food and wine on the counter top and began getting plates out of one of the cupboards, while Luna grabbed her current wine glass and a fresh one for Scott and poured them both a glass. Scott plated up their food and they sat together on the couch. He watched as Luna pushed her food around her plate, usually she would've eaten the whole thing by now.

"Okay" Scott spoke as he set his plate down on the coffee table, taking Luna's off her and placing it next to his own, "we're talking about this now"

"Do we have to?" She huffed throwing herself back and sinking in to the couch cushions.

"Yes we do" Scott sighed as he looked over at her, "I'm gonna be honest, you look like shit"

"Wow thanks, way to kick a girl when she's down" Luna rolled her eyes, covering her face with a pillow.

"You know I think you're gorgeous but right now Luna, you do not look good and I'm worried. Not just about you either, because I saw Chris yesterday and he looks fucking awful too"

Luna removed the pillow from her face at the mention of Chris, looking Scott in the eyes. "He does?" She asked, immediately worried for Chris's wellbeing.

"Yeah and he's extremely worried about you" Scott shook his head, reaching out to play with Lunas hair attempting to soothe her. "He doesn't know what to do Luna. You know that movie he was supposed to start filming next month? Well they're moving it up, he's supposed to start next week, he has to leave Friday night"

Luna looked at Scott wide eyed. She already hated the idea of Chris leaving for months at a time when they were together, but now they were whatever they were, she hated it even more.

"He texted me today" Luna admitted as she played with her fingers.

"Did you reply?"

"Not yet" she shook her head looking down at her hands. She felt Scott place a finger under her chin, lifting it so she'd look at him. He looked at her with a devastated look on his face. He was really hoping he'd come here and she'd have had time to realise she was making a stupid decision. But that wasn't the case, Scott could see Luna was still hurting and that she still blamed herself, it was clear she wasn't going to allow herself to be happy.

"You're still gonna end it aren't you?" he asked as he watched her begin to cry.

"I have to Scott, I can't be happy knowing what I did to Matt, I don't deserve it."

"So you're really gonna throw away the love of your life, the love that people spend their entire lives looking for?"

"I know you don't think I'm doing the right thing, but I have to so I can make things right Scott. I can't be the reason they never talk again, I just can't" She was fully sobbing now, she felt like that's all she ever did nowadays.

"I really can't change your mind can I?"

Luna shook her head as she wiped away her tears with the sleeve of her T-shirt.

"Do me one favour?" Scott asked and Luna nodded as she sniffled slightly, "he's really expecting you to change your mind, so please tell him soon."