Chapter Seven: Arcade

"S-S-Skip?" Taehyung questioned. "Why?"

Jeongguk chuckled at his innocence and held his hand as he led him around the hallways. "I wanna have some fun." He said and Taehyung's face lit up.

"F-Fun?" He asked, skipping excitedly. "L-Like p-pl-playing?"

Jeongguk smiled and ruffled his hair. "Sure."

"Wh-What are w-we going t-t-to pl-play?" He asked as they left the school through the back door.

Jeongguk guided him, still holding Taehyung's hand, around the dumpsters and to the parking lot. They made their way toward his red Toyota and Jeongguk opened the door, helping Taehyung in. He went around to the driver's seat and hopped in.

"G-Gukkie," Taehyung said as Jeongguk buckles his seatbelt. "W-Where w-we go-going?"

"Hmm," Jeongguk thought, tapping his chin. "How about the arcade?"

Taehyung's eyes light up and a smile makes his way to his lips. "Yay!"

Jeongguk chuckles and ruffles his hair again before putting on his own seatbelt. He backed out of his parking spot and left the school. The drive took about ten minutes since the town was very small and everything was pretty close together. Jeongguk turned on the radio and the song Go Go by a really underground band came on. You probably never heard of them. 

What was surprising was Taehyung, the second the song came on he started to belch out every lyric. It startled Jeongguk for a second but he soon started to sing along, laughing now and then at Taehyung's cute little dance moves. I'm a matter of seconds, the car was filled with loud ass music, singing that was terribly off key, and laughter.

The cars that passed them by gave them weird looks but they just shrugged them off, going back to their little party.

They parked next to the building and Jeongguk helped Taehyung out of his seat and held his hand. Everyone he knew was at school so he could freely hold the younger's hand. There was no one to judge them, well no one that mattered. The man at the counter gave them a disgusted look at their interlocked fingers but gave them their tokens once he saw Jeongguk's death glare.

"So Tae, where do you wanna g-" Jeongguk turned around and noticed that the aforementioned was no longer next to him. "Tae? Taehyung?"

Jeongguk swerved through the machines until he found Taehyung. His nose was pressed on the glass of a claw machine, eyeing a panda plushie. Jeongguk sighed and inserted one of the tokens. The claw machine moved as the stick moved and lowered down next to the toy. It grabbed the purple panda and slowly made its way to the basket. Just as it was close, the claw dropped it.

Jeongguk sighed and was about to go to the next machine when Taehyung tugged at his arm. "P-Panda."

"Sorry bud," He said. "I couldn't get it." Taehyung pouted and looked down. "Why don't we go to the next game, huh?" He offered but Tae just shook his head, pointing to the toy through the glass. "Taehyung." Jeongguk said, trying to convince the boy but the aforementioned just ignored him and gave him his puppy dog eyes. Jeongguk groaned but inserted another token anyway.

Taehyung celebrated and wrapped his arms around Jeongguk's waist and rested his chin on his shoulders. "Tha-Thanks G-Gukkie!"

Jeongguk smiled at his cute gesture and focused on the claw. This time he was more careful, making sure every movement wouldn't drop the toy. The plushie fell into the basket and Taehyung was quick to grab it. He clutched it to his chest and his signature box smile made its way to his face, his eyes crinkling as he hugged the panda tight.