Day 19: Season's End

It was no one's surprise when the Black Jackals won their final game of the season.

Atsumu was a bit quieter during the match, which the team was a little concerned about, but he was playing as good as ever, so no one brought it up.

Sakusa was still a bit shell-shocked after what Atsumu admitted to him the day before, so he just decided to stick close to the setter and make sure he was okay.

Even though Atsumu was quieter than usual, Sakusa wasn't really complaining when the setter fell asleep on his shoulder on the bus.

However, at the moment, Sakusa wasn't really sure if his current situation was as pleasant.

It was the end of season party, and they were in the MSBY Black Jackals' gym.

There were teams from all over Japan, and Sakusa was sitting in the far corner, away from everyone else.

He looked around and felt a shiver run down his spine. The gym smelled like sweat and alcohol. Everywhere Sakusa looked, people were dancing or drinking themselves to a stand-still.

Sakusa was sitting on a couch in the corner with a beer in his hands.

He'd already drank quite a bit, but he was just tipsy at most.

Sakusa was highly uncomfortable with the amount of germs that no-doubt floated through the air.

It was past eleven, and the party would most likely continue to rage into the early hours of the morning.

Sakusa was just watching the large mob of people dance when he caught a flash of a familiar head of platinum-blonde hair leave the gym from the corner of his eye.

Sakusa raised his eyebrows. Atsumu was leaving the party.

Sakusa contemplated following him, wondering if it would be better than where he was right now, when he realized that, to him, going anywhere with Atsumu would be much better than watching his friends get drunk and dance.

With that thought, Sakusa stood up and left the gym, not before grabbing another beer from the temporary bar for Atsumu.

When Sakusa exited the gym, there was no one in sight. He furrowed his eyebrows, the alcohol clouding his brain for a moment before he realized where Atsumu might have been.

Just like he'd expected, when he opened the sliding door to the backyard of their dormitory building, he saw Atsumu sitting on the grass under the tree.

Sakusa quietly made his way over and sat down next to Atsumu, who made no motions to acknowledge Sakusa's arrival.

"Hey, you okay?" Sakusa asked while handing Atsumu the second beer.

Atsumu nodded in thanks and took the beer, "Yeah, jus' had to get outta there..." He answered softly.

Sakusa chuckled, "Honestly, same," he replied, "It was getting really disgusting in there."

Atsumu shivered, "Did ya see Sho grindin' on Tobio-kun?" He asked with a snicker.

Sakusa cringed, "I could practically sense the horny between those two from across the room," he confirmed.

Atsumu burst out laughing, nearly spitting out the sip of beer he'd just taken.

Sakusa grinned at Atsumu's reaction while the setter tried to contain his laughter.

The continued their conversation, and it wasn't long before the two of them were giggling like drunken idiots on the most random of things.

The moon was high in the sky by now, and it was most likely past midnight already.