6 Tasha

I woke earlier than usual. Did my morning routine, tank and jeans with my glock 19 appendix carry.

I smelled breakfast and thought Taylor was cooking but as I opened my door my sister popped her head out of her bedroom door. Hair pulled in a pony tail and my similar ensemble but all black and her XD was on her right hip.

" If that's not you, then Mr.007
must be cooking."

Taylor raised her brow and chuckled.
"Nice one,sis."

We walked down the steps and into the kitchen and sure enough, he was making breakfast.
Eggs, bacon, and toast laid out in piles on the table. Oh, look, orange juice.

Daniel smiled. "Good morning, ladies. I'm sure it's been a time since you had a proper breakfast. I even picked up some orange juice from the corner store."

Fucking orange juice. Taylor must've had the same thought because we looked at each other with a pointed stare.

We all ate in silence and helped clean up.
I noticed Daniel was in a plain,black t-shirt and black pants.

I just couldn't help myself ." No suit today?"

He frowned ." I am human, after all, miss Tasha, and I'll have you know they're quite stuffy after being stuck like James Bond for 31 hours."

Taylor raised her brow " From stalking or driving?"

He smirked. "A little of both, actually. More of the former. I have my ways of finding people. Obviously, I knew you kept your parents home. It's as lovely as I remember, though I only visited a hand full of times to offer my services in any way I could. "

" Okay, well, um, thanks for breakfast but can we get some insight on how you think mom is still alive"? Taylor huffed.

He looked to the us and cleared his throat quietly. " Yes, well I suppose I left you on a bit of a cliffhanger so to speak, didn't I?
Tracy, Tanner, and I were having lunch when our handler dropped a file on our table saying they had Intel on a child sex slave trafficking ring had ordered the wranglers to smuggle some children along the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan. Afghanistan being the highest trafficking area in the world. 32 children, ages 5 to 20's, male and female. Said he needs your mother to go in to find out who they were and where the children were being held. I had to hold your father back from going to federal prison.
Alas, in the end your mother agreed. Convinced your father that if it were their girls out there, there would be no question. Those children need to be free, to grow up and live."

He put his head in his hands.

" Girls, we tried everything but also like you, there's no changing her mind. She said it was her job and she had accepted the badge knowing full and well there would be danger at some point."
" We stayed in contact for about a week before she went off the grid. She did her duty, sent photos to confirm, they were heading to a holding site until the order would be given to meet the Pakistani border.
They must have taken her because they recovered this."

Handing me mom's wedding ring. I rolled it around in my hand then giving it to Taylor.

I stood looking at Daniel stone faced and then looked to Taylor.

" Tay, you were right, she isn't dead."

Taylor stood as well with the same look, gritting her teeth.

" Those mother fuckers took her "

A/N what do you think so far?
Comments?
Pointers?