13 Tasha

"Sir, Lexus is just a fancy Toyota,just like Lincoln is Ford's. I'm telling you it's the same part at a fraction of the pri..
Yes,Sir. It's not a problem, I understand."

I hang up the phone and smack my head on her desk.

"Yo you know them rich ass doctors an lawyers ain't on all that so why you continue to try?. It's just more money in yo pocket,Ma, but what do I know?"

I lookup to see Zaylan relaxed against the office door frame, grinning like the goofball he is.

"Because I opened this business to help people and save them from getting the proverbial screwing and for the most part it works,and then sometimes..."

I just shake my and scrunch me nose.

"Nah, let em do what they gon do.
Besides, I'm running out of room to hide bodies"

"If you're out of room,you're doing something wrong, bro. "

Zaylan and I turn to see Daniel walking in.

"I noticed,and by notice I mean I heard you start up that noisy machine at 0600 so I thought I would check up on you."

I laughed "Well I got called in. Some of these customers only want me to work on their vehicles. I just had the privilege of arguing with one 20 seconds ago. I can't blame him,honestly. You won't see anything not Ford stamped on my baby.
Zay, would you please put in a parts order from Lexus? Everything is written down on my desk. Upper and lower control arms, sway bars, sway links, the whole 10 yards."

"Girl I thought it was just the left side.
That's a cool grand worth a parts, easy."

I put my hand on Zaylan's shoulder.
"You never replace one side, we've been over this."

Zaylan dusts my hand off his shoulder.
"You the boss, midget "

"Vertically challenged. Don't make me get my step ladder" I yelled back as i walked outside.

"What's going on, Daniel ?

" I'm checking on my god-daughter, I know you're worried."

"I don't want to talk about it. There's no changing my sisters mind so I just have to deal with it. Do my a favor and let the guys know I'm going for a drive. I need to clear my mind."

Daniel actually gives me a hug. "Please be safe."

I can't help the slow smile creeping up.
"I'll be fine. Driving is my outlet. I don't need to drive crazy, I just need to be behind the wheel for a big. I'll be back in 30" I pat his shoulder and walk to me car.

Comments ? I know it's shor
Opinions ?
Heckles?
Bring it on, I'm all ears...well...eyes😁