3 Tasha

Taylor walking up to me snickering.
"You got this in the bag, Tash."

I look around at the competition. She's right about that, mostly.

"Tay, that's a Toyota Supra. That car is no joke."

Taylor leans in close. " There's also a charger and a damn Camaro. Oh,please!"

I waved her off laughing and walk over to Marco, who's getting ready to give the rundown.

"Alright boys and girls, hand the cash to me. We line up at the light there on Maple Avenue and on green we race to the light at the bank and meet up in the parking lot. Zaylan and Taylor, of course are at the finish line. Good luck."

All 4 line up at the light.
The light turns green and when I hit the gas I can feel the front end lift a bit.
By 2nd gear the Charger and Camaro  are already at my rear fender.
The Supra is keeping pace.
By 3rd gear I'm up by a nose.
Then 4th gear he's at the door.
I hit 5th and now I got almost a full car length on him, blowing through the light in 6th I'm  smiling ear to ear. I won.

I turned around and meet everyone back at the bank parking lot. Everyone already standing by their cars. The guy in the Supra comes up,shaking my hand.
"I'm Chris, mad respect. That was a good race.

I was still smiling. " Tasha. I'll admit, I was intimidated by that Supra. That's a bad girl, right there."

Chris shaking his head. " That Shelby though. Now that's monster."

Marco walks up to me and hands me the money. "You sure as hell earned it, girl."

" So did you. Thank you for all these years of stick by us." I hand him a thousand.

"Awe, girl, you didn't need to do all that. It's been a pleasure being a part of the family. I'll see you at work tomorrow." Marco giving me a side hug and a peck on the head.

Everyone gone but Taylor and I
moving to get in their cars when they hear slow footsteps and clapping.
" Indeed, that was a very good race. Your mother would be pissed she missed it."
I look back to see a man in a black suit. Like a light switch went off I reached under the dash and as soon as he was close enough I jumped up and pressed the barrel to his forehead. " Who the fuck are you and how do you know my mother?"

He stood there grinning. " Glock 19, 3rd gen, very good choice."
He reaches out with both hands and next thing I know he has the gun with his arms folded, still with that shit eating grin.

Taylor sneaks up and jumps on the man, putting him in a choke hold.
He rolls his eyes, reaches back for her jeans and puts her on her ass in front of him. "Yep, you're Agent Wilson's girls.
What's say we head back to your place and we'll have a little chat. Follow me, I know the way." He winks. Fucking winks.

Taylor mouths to me." What the fuck?"

" Let's go before the cops show. That fucker still has my gun." I sigh.

Something tells me shits about to hit the fucking fan. Maybe my sister was on to something when she kept up her training.
My mind is going a million miles a minute and Taylor is staring out the passenger window. Probably thinking the same. I can feel her anxiety.
We need to get home. Luckily it doesn't take us long is this pony.

A/N What's you're thoughts?
Too F&TF-ish?
I built and raced mustangs and my daughter is Shelby GT (Grace Taylor)
I also have Carroll Shelby's signature tattooed in on my right arm.
I'm a gear head through and through.

The book goes back to the heart of the story.

Should I add one more race?