8 Taylor

Daniel and I walk down stairs to the basement and head to the mats.

Daniel turns to face me.
" First things first, what fighting style or styles have your parents trained you in?"

I knew a few but was most lethal with one.
" I'm most proficient Krav Maga, I was also trained in Aikido, BJJ, and Kickboxing. "

Daniel nodded in thought.
He walked over to me suddenly, to pull me into a hip throw. I was able to twist myself onto all fours and brought my right leg back and kicked him in his ribs.
I sprung to my feet and pushed him back.
I go in to shoulder throw him and he put his right leg behind my left, took his right forearm and used it to push with just enough momentum, causing me to fall backwards.
I kicked my feet in the air and jump to my feet and wrapped my right arm around his neck, and brought my left behind his neck, and locking my hands around both arms. I squeezed until he tapped my arm, causing me to immediately release him.

"Not bad, I'll give you that. I want to see your knife skills and disarming the enemy." Daniel said as he walked over to the shelves filled with knives and other hand-to-hand weapons.

___________________________

By the end we were both covered in sweat and breathing heavy. I received several compliments and pointers on different scenarios.
I smelled Tasha's cooking and my stomach start growling.

"Let's break for lunch. I'm exhausted and starving." Daniel smiles and leads me upstairs.

Tash looks at me and Daniel and grins.
"That bad,huh?"

Daniel smiles "You're sister's good, I'll give her that. I haven't had a workout like that in a while."

I don't think I've had a workout like that, ever. I was happy I got a few in on him. Unfortunately he got a few on me too.

"Well, drag your funky asses to your rooms and get cleaned up. I'm not gagging while I eat." Tasha laughs.

"Yeah, yeah... At least you don't have to help me clean up the basement. Not a single drop of blood was spilled." Grinning at my sister.
Tasha playfully rolls her eyes. "It's a good thing I'm sitting down. That could have been "The big one"."
Quoting Fred Sanford while leaning back in her chair with one arm extended out and the other across her chest.

After eating in silence Daniel cleared his throat.
" I'm going to make a few phone calls, we'll need a team. I need you both to understand that this is dangerous. There is no one to save us, if we get caught, the U.S. government will completely disavow any knowledge of our existence or actions."

"I wouldn't put my life in their hands anyway. If nothing else, Benghazi is a prime example why."

"This isn't my first rodeo, darling. I will be bringing in a few men. We need to work out a plan to locate your mother and the children first."

Tasha and I look at each other for a long moment . I know she's scared and to be honest, so am I.
Realization kicking in with the fact that I could possibly never see her again.
On the other hand, I could bring mom home and salvage what we have left.