Daniel

"Team one checking in"

"Team two check"

"Team three check, stay in position.
At 0600 they should be relieved by the other guards. Intel is that Karsai will arrive at 0800. We should have 36 more hours but be prepared in case their plans change. Let's see how they move around. Do a little Recon."

I look to my right and it's almost like I'm in action with Tracy. She's still, silent, eyes on every movement. A brilliant young woman, this one.
Taylor has a natural instinct and she's paying close attention.
I pray Tracy is alive, for the girls' sake.

Right on time, two tangos armed with what looks to be one with a rifle and one with an M16. I see their right arms come up to their chest and a slight bow.
The other to walk back the same way the other two come in.
They're sloppy, no security brief, or check in on the children, which tells me they've done this so long, they think they're invincible. They'll soon find out what happens when you become complacent , comfortable you may say.

Myles "Is this for real? Or is this a fever dream?"

Hunter "Well, they're either new or stupid, or both"

I shake my head slightly. " No, they're simply careless. Stay alert. This isn't their first run. However, they seem to be a bit jaded."

Taylor seethes beside me. Hang in there soldier. I'd say she's the only one besides Tracy that can handle herself just fine in hostile situations. Hopefully between Zach and myself, we can keep her from going on a rampage.

"Jaded or not, they won't be leaving alive. These sick fucks messed with the wrong family."

I raise my brows at her words. She's out for blood. I can't blame her. She deserves to deliver their justice however she sees fit.

The rifleman on the roof searches the perimeter every 15 minutes. The man with the M16 walks around the building, looking around like he's enjoying the bloody scenery.

Myles. " Karsai is coming from east, instead of south. He's not alone."

"Can you confirm Abass Awan?
How many not including Karsai?"

Myles. "Two guards, it looks like. No sight of Awan. Just a couple goons with AK's. Weak sauce, I expected better."

"Just hold your position. Carson said he comes to check on his investment.
It looks to be a typical check up. Although this brings out total of 7, not 5 as we had hoped. Let's see how this plays out."

Myles. "How sweet, his boyfriends are holding the door for him."

Taylor. "Last time I had the door open for me, I was in handcuffs."

Hunter. " What? Fighting at school, grasshopper?"

Taylor. "Yeah, only it was a cheating boyfriend all snuggled up with my best friend when I walked into the apartment. She got knocked strait out and he had a broken nose, 2 broken ribs, and a dislocated shoulder.
He refused to press charges, but the state stepped in and my Lawyer got me out of assault and battery due to extreme duress. I got 2 years probation.
It was up four months ago. Needless to say they do a 360 if they see me. Cute couple. Still together. Tash told me she seen their joint profile on Facebook.
She hates him more than me.
It is funny when it's BriShawn one week and the next it's BriBri and she posts in outfits that dick vampires use to lure men in. It's great."

Hunter snickering. "Dick vampire."

Daniel. " Bloody Hell, I can't take you children anywhere. Fess up who it is or I start singing. One, two..."

Hunter. "Fuck, man, it was me. I'm sorry. You didn't have to threaten with the big, red, button."

Taylor. "Let's just focus on these goons and getting my mother back before I remind you how good my aim is."

Hunter. " I was just remembering the fun we had when we were on recon."

Myles. "Let me guess, jackass. The time I tried to draw a dick on your face and you literally punched me in the nose while you were still sleeping."

Hunter. "Bingo!"

Myles. "I have a scar on my face from that broken nose, you insensitive troglodyte."

Hunter. "You're still the most beautiful girl in the world to me, Scarlet."

Everyone erupts in laughter.

Myles chuckles. "Man, fuck you guys."