Taylor

I opened my eyes and it has to be about noon. The sun is beating down on me like Iron Mike Tyson.

I look over to Daniel who's looking through binoculars, focused and intent on the wranglers. "Good afternoon, miss Taylor, hungry?" He says while setting the binoculars down.
I'm
He reaches back and pulls out a canteen and an MRE, then tosses them to me, one at a time. Chilli Mac, why not?

We sit in silence, eating and I gotta say, this is the best garbage I've had out of a vacuum sealed bag.

"Must be nice. Daniel never brought us lunch. Damn near almost made us lunch for a few crocs down under though, so I suppose that counts." He says as he laughs.

"Vicious beasts, they're animals. I hardly consider it a country. It's more like a fictional land in a book where everything will go out of its way to kill you and eat you." Daniel brings the binoculars back to his eyes.

"I hate to break up story time there's four men heading down the hill, crossing the border. No sign of the handler." Myles says.

Daniel lifts his chin. "I have eyes on them. My guess is he sent his wranglers to make sure his order is ready."

It takes me a minute to see, but sure enough, they're heading strait to the building.
I pull out my binoculars and watch as they exchange a few words and walk inside.
I huff, in frustration as we wait to see what happens next.

About a half hour goes by and the door bursts open with two men dragging a woman out, forcing her to her knees.
It's mom! I nearly blow our cover by jumping up, only to be pulled back down by Daniel. "What on earth are you doing?" He growls as we get back in position. "You agreed to follow my orders and I don't recall giving the signal."

My adrenaline is pumping. " They have mom!"
Daniel got close to my face with anger, mixed with fear. "We hold our positions. Let's see what they're doing and we go from there. Only. On. My. Order. You stay put until we know what is going on."

Zach sets a hand on her shoulder. "Hang in there,girl. We know she's alive. We'll get her back and you're both going home."

I'm hot. Not heat, but beyond mad. I want to get my hands on those fucks.

"They seem to be arguing." Hunter says over the comms. "Something about an agent not being part of the deal. She will bring death upon us."

"I don't like this Meyers. Something's not right. These Afghans are up to some... Jesus, they knew who she was when they caught her. Daniel, they killed Tanner." Hunter whispers.

Daniel grabs my arm before I can move.
"Let go of me, Daniel."

Daniel looks about how I feel. Now I want blood. Still he shakes his head slowly. "Taylor, keep your wits about you. Their time is coming. There are children's lives at stake. Listen to Zach. We have to do this the right way."

"They're arguing whether to kill her now. The Pakistanis thinks she's a liability. The Afghans disagree. She came here alone and the only one to look for her was eliminated. They don't think the the CIA will be a problem."

I smile a sinister smile. "Oh, I'm gonna be a big problem. The one that killed dad is mine."

Daniel nods. "Done. We need to capture the two handlers, kill the wranglers, and we get the children back safe, along with the handlers taken alive to the Sheikh."

"Looks like they're leaving and our boys are taking Tracy back inside. We get ready, they'll be back soon. They're all on edge now." Myles sighs through the comms.

I look over to Daniel and he's already facing me. His features matching my own. "The only one to look for her? Daniel, how did they not know about Tasha and I ?"

"You know what the best part is? My father's killer will die by the hands of, not only a woman, but by the child of the supposed only one with the resources to find him. Karma is a bitch on the receiving end, but a beautiful, poetic justice for the deliverer."

One: Take out the wranglers.

Two: secure the handlers.

Three: Find mom

Four: A little mother- daughter time with dad's killer.

Five: Rescue the children and bring them, along with the handlers to the Sheikh.

Six: Go home, hold my mother and sister and salvage what we still have and finally have the closure we all needed to finally be able to move on.