Checking in.

8.15.24
10:30am

(Joseph's Quinn POV)

My flight just touched down at the Orlando International Airport, and it was a long flight too. I'm in town to film some promotional advertisements for the Stranger Things Haunted House at Halloween Horror Nights. I am excited to play Eddie again and to see Joe, Gaten, and Jamie, it's been too long. After getting off the plane and quickly making my way through the airport I got in my rental car and headed out to the Hard Rock Hotel Orlando where Universal was putting all of the cast up for the remainder of the shoots.

I texted the group chat to see if anyone else was already here and wanted to hang out.

Quinn: Just landed back in the states, is anyone already at the hotel?

Gaten: Hey man, I just checked in. Our suites are amazing! Can't want to see all of you!

Jamie: Loves, my flight gets in early tomorrow! :(

Keery: Gaten, I'm in the lobby. Get your butt down here!

Quinn: I will see you both soon! Jamie, safe flight, mate!

About 20 minutes later I arrived at the hotel and checked in. I went up to my room to unpack and settle in. After about 15 minutes there was a knock on my door.

*Knock! Knock! Knock!

I opened the door and there stood Gaten and Keery! "Boys!" I exclaim before being tackled into a hug. "Joe!!" They both shouted! After catching up for a while we decided to go downstairs to the restaurant to grab lunch and talk about our plans for tonight.

"So, if the two of you don't have plans for tonight my good friend Skyler is preforming in the Broadway tour of Heathers: The Musical. I am going to support her and can get two extra tickets. Please don't make me go alone." Said Gaten.

"A musical, I don't know kiddo." Keery said.

"Hey, it will be fun. We don't have any other plans; I think we should go!" Said Joseph.

They all decided on going and went to their respective suites, all next door to each other, to get ready. They wanted to look their best since they were going to a Broadway show.

Being dressed to the nines they got in the car and left for the show

Being dressed to the nines they got in the car and left for the show. Once in the preforming arts center and finding their seats they opened their playbills to see who was preforming and Gaten proudly showed them both his friend Skyler, who was playing Heather Duke. Joesph flipped through the pages and stopped when he saw a small black and white photo that caught his eye. It was a y/h/c woman who looked warm and welcoming, yet slightly devious at the same time with a small smirk and captivating eyes.

Next to her photo was a short bio that read as follows:

Y/n has always loved preforming. She did theater all throughout schooling and did a few seasons as a scare actor in the greater Orlando areas premier haunts. Her recent credits are in film, "Was it all an Act, and Alien, Alpha and Omega." She is excited to be given the opportunity to bring to life one of her favorite characters from her favorite 80's movie! Sit back and relax as you enjoy the show!

"Gaten, do you know anything about y/n?" Joe asked. "I've heard of her, and I've spoken to her once or twice quickly when on the phone or Face Timing with Skylar, why?" Asked Gaten. "I don't know, something about her picture, it's inviting, but also kind of sad. I am intrigued by it." Said Joe.

Before they could say anything else the lights when out and the curtains rose. They all watched and laughed at the characters as they sang and preformed this dark comedy. The whole time the show was going on, Joseph couldn't help but stare at the woman on stage.

As the intermission started the guys were talking about the musical so far and how much they were enjoying it. Gaten was texting Skyler, and she invited the guys to come backstage after the show to meet the cast. Gaten and Joe were both excited, but Joseph was a little nervous. He was completely infatuated with the woman on stage, what would he say to her.

The guys made their way backstage after the final curtain call and Skylar ran up to hug Gaten! After about 30 minutes the guys had met most of the cast except for y/n. When Gaten and Joe asked if they would get to meet her, one of the stage managers informed them that she had already left for the night. "She does have a busy schedule this week," said Skyler, "she probably went back to her hotel to get some rest before tomorrow."

Joseph was disappointed that he wouldn't get to meet her. Skylar mentioned the Broadway education program that her and Gaten would be doing, and that y/n would also be participating as it is one of the projects in the area she would be working on. This gave Joseph hope that maybe he would be able to meet her.