Chapter 12: Teba, The Rito Warrior

"This is my last apple," I sighed as I pulled the red fruit out of my bag. I still had some more food, but apples were the easiest thing I could eat on the road. Everything else was better for when I stopped to take breaks. "I hope I can pick up some things at the Village."

As I was about to take a bite of it, the ground started rumbling, and Ruby stopped trotting and flipped out a bit.

"Ruby, it's okay, calm down!" She threw me off and ran into the forest to our right. "Ruby!" I called out for her, but I noticed a shadow was looming over me. I looked up next to me, and standing there was an ice talus. "Oh no."

It raised it's arm, ready to throw it, so I quickly got up and ran away, but once the giant ice rock was released, the impact of it hitting the ground was enough to cause me to slip. I dropped my sword and fell away from it, and the ice beast walked towards me.

It threw the other arm at me, and I pulled out my shield just in time to protect myself. The rock broke against it, but it left a giant crack through my defense. Now with it armless, I hoped I could defeat it, reaching for my bow, but it slammed itself back into the snow and then pulled back up with two new arms.

It raised both of it's arms, and I raised my shield again towards it. As if that would do anything. I could only close my eyes and brace myself for the attack.

But it never happened. I heard an explosion, and I opened my eyes to see the ice talus now stunned, and a white-grey blur flying around in the sky. More bomb arrows were sent down, keeping the monster at a point of inability to attack, and then that white-grey blur flew closer, allowing me to see it was... Tulin?

He pulled out an ancient arrow, drawing it back with his bow string as he glided down to the Talus. He held the bow with his feet, and released the arrow once he was right above the Talus's rock. It forced the beast to disappear, and Tulin spun back into the air before opening his wings and letting himself glide to the ground.

"Idalia!" His eyes went wide, and I finally let out the breath I had been holding and dropped my shield. "Thank the goddess you're okay! What are you doing all the way out here?" He asked, walking over to help me up.

"I came to talk to Teba." I told him, sliding my sword back into it's scabbard as he handed me my bag. "Is he here?"

"Yeah! He's just been working on his aerial training all morning. Come on, let's get you back to the village and settled for a bit." He said, and once we managed to find Ruby, we headed to the stable to drop her off so he could take me up to his dad.

~~~~

"Alright, he's up above the village training, so I could probably get you up there if you want." He said, and I nodded and set my weapons out on the bed. He must've noticed the damage done to my shield, because he pointed up to his uncle's room. "My uncle Harth. He's good at making and repairing weapons, so if you need to see him you can."

"I probably should." I sighed, looking down at it. The Hyrulean designs once plated on it were hardly recognizable, now. I grabbed it and went upstairs with him, and he knocked on the arch to the room once we reached it. Harth glanced up at us, and then motioned for us to come in.

"Idalia's shield got damaged because of an ice talus's rocks," Tulin explained as I held it up for Harth to see. "Think you could fix it?"

"Lemme take a look." He extended his wings for it, and I handed it to him. "Hmm... I probably could have it done for you by tomorrow morning if that works for ya."

"That's fine! Thank you, Harth." I smiled, and he nodded and set it down in front of him to examine it.

"Tulin!" We both heard from upstairs, and it sounded like Amalia. "Come up here!" She called, and Tulin and I went up to her room. She smiled when she saw him, but a small gasp escaped her mouth when she saw me. "Oh, Idalia! What brings you here?" She asked, and I saw a little rito gripping her leg.