Chapter 41: Air and Lightning; Vah Naboris

The moon was hardly finishing it's course over the sky, not an hour and a half after we had gone to sleep, and the sound of the Rito and Gerudo armies marching out of Rito Village could already be heard. I shifted slightly as I felt my father's hand rubbing up and down my arm, and my still tired eyes opened, not ready for me to be awake.

"Idalia," My father whispered, and I glanced up at him to see him all suited in silver armor and ready to go fight. "We have to leave now. A heavy storm is rolling into Ridgeland, and if we leave any later, we could be getting ourselves in trouble trying to rescue them."

"I'm tired." I whined, and he sighed and wrapped his arms around me, lifting me up a bit.

"I know, and I'm sorry, sweetheart. This is the last stretch, and then everyone can rest. I promise." He squeezed me one last time before pulling away, and I nodded and stretched out before sliding off my bed. "Get ready quickly. Azu and Ellet are already downstairs with the army."

He left me to get myself ready, so I rummaged through my bag to find my proper clothing and armor for this last battle I would have to face. I had to remind myself it would all be over in a couple of days if everything went according to plan.

I got myself suited up and slid on my gloves before grabbing my sword and shield. As I lifted my shield, I looked at my reflection in the shiny polished front, noticing a new scar on my cheek close to my ear. I had failed to notice it until now.

"Idalia." I whirled around at the sound of Ellet's voice to see him standing in the doorway, posture straight and arms folded. But his strict demeanor was betrayed by his face, which was soft and tired, just as I was. He pulled his arms away from each other and held his arms out, and I ran over to him and hugged him. "It's alright, Idalia, everything's going to be okay."

"I know it is, I just... I'm ready to be done, Ellet." I sighed and held him tighter, and I felt his hands on my back. "I know this is the last battle we have to go through, but I'm exhausted. I just want this to be over with."

"We all do." He pulled away and placed his fingers on my chin to tilt my head up so I could see him. "You can do this, Idalia. You're one of the strongest people I know, and definitely the strongest in our age." He chuckled, brushing a strand of hair out of my face and behind my ear. "You need to believe that you are. If you can't believe it by saying it yourself, at least believe it because I'm saying it to you now."

"Okay. I will." I smiled, and he did too. We heard my father walk up the stairs, and we both looked to him.

"Come on, kids, we have two more Champions to save." We nodded, and Ellet let me go ahead of him to walk past my father and down the stairs. As Ellet walked behind me, my dad placed his hand on his shoulder and they walked down after me to where the armies were.

It was time to save to save Teba and Riju.

~~~~

The Rito and Gerudo sieged into Ridgeland, ready to rescue their Champions from the beasts created by Hyrule's greatest foe. Rain had already began pouring down when we arrived, but according to the Rito, the brunt of the storm was still a while away. So we still had time.

My father and I rushed across the wet ground, slashing through bokoblins that were in our path. The Rito and Gerudo armies went ahead to try and find the way up to the Divine Beasts, taking Robbie and Purah with them. Since Vah Medoh was still airborne, we had to head to Vah Naboris and save Riju first.

"Azu! There's a fire wizzrobe up there!" I exclaimed, and he flew past me with frosty magic engulfing his hands. He listened for the monster, and once he heard it, he shot an ice blast from his hands. The wizzrobe was frozen, and Azu used the advantage of the rain to swirl water around me to lift me up.