Chapter 19: The Queen

Two days since we came home from the desert after the battle, two more days I haven't told my parents that I know everything. In my defense, I had pretty much lost my voice for a day and a half so it made it difficult to talk to them. But, with it now being the day before my mother's birthday, when I woke up in the morning, I knew it was now or never.

The birds chriped outside my window, and the light filtering in settled into my vision as I opened my eyes and yawned, stretching out across my large bed. I managed to sit up and stretch my arms out, pushing my hair out of my face. I looked down at my hand, light lines from the malice still running through it. We've been home now for nearly two days and I still felt like I did once they found me.

"Idalia?" I heard a knock on my door, and it was quietly opened by my father. "Oh, you're awake. Did you sleep well?" He asked as he closed the door half way before walking over to my bed, and I nodded as he sat down next to me. "Let me see your hand." I held up my hand, and he took it into his and examined it a bit.

"Are the lines permanent?" I asked, and he shrugged a bit, continued to study them as he ran his finger down them. As he did that, I noticed similar blue lines on his hands. "What about the lines on your hands?"

"They aren't important. But yours are." He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my head before standing up. "Your mother and I were about to have breakfast, you wanna come join us?" He asked, and I nodded. I used the edge of the bed for support as I stood up, finally feeling strong enough in my legs to walk properly.

"I can walk fine. I'll meet you down there in a little bit." I said, and he nodded and then left so I could get ready for the day.

~~~~

"I don't know what we're supposed to do now, she's been there and she's seen him and-"

"I'm here." I said, and my mother quickly silenced herself and smiled as I walked into the dining room and saw them sitting at the table. I sat down next to her, across from my father, and she wrapped her arm around me. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Oh, uh, we were just talking about..." My mother and father exchanged looks before both of them sighed. "Idalia, we're sure you have a lot of questions about what happened a few days ago. And I want you to know we're here to answer them."

"I don't really want to talk about it right now," I huffed, looking away from them both as our plates were served by the chefs. "I don't really remember much of it anyways." I remembered everything.

"Alright." My mother said, pulling her arm away, but I could tell she was worried. I started on my food, cutting into the eggs on the side of my plate, but I could feel my parent's eyes on me. I glanced up, and then both of them suddenly looked to each other, then their food.

"So, Idalia, we have your boat for the Oasis ready to leave again tonight." My father said, finally smiling a bit again as bit into his toast. "Your mother and I will meet you out there again in a week or two, okay?"

"Okay." I continued to eat my food, and I knew my silence was confusing. But I hoped they figured it was because I was tired and still processing the event at the clan just days ago, which I was.

"Zelda!" The doors opened behind my mother and I, and it was two of my mother's cousins. "Sorry we're so early! But we heard tomorrow is quite busy for you." I wonder why.

"It's alright, you two." My mother smiled as they walked in with flowers and baskets of gifts. "You truly do go quute far for gift giving, boys." She said as she looked over the large baskets placed on the table beside her.

"Well of course! You're our cousin! Grandfather Landon always told us to honor the royals." Mark said as he bowed, and Adrien did the same. "Oh! Idalia! We didn't realize you were still here."