Chapter 48: Siege and Fire | Pt 1

"I'm sorry, princess, I'm afraid your father just missed me. But, I did leave him in good company." He raised his hand and formed four malice hollows behind him. They were our champions. "Oh, and I see you have some new little friends, how delightful. You aren't going to leave me without an introduction, are you?"

"Stay away from them." I stepped in front of Ellet as he reached for his sword, and I drew my own and aimed the tip of my blade towards the prophet. His eyes widened for a moment but his smile returned, crooked and even more devious.

"Aw, the princess of Hyrule is daring enough to aim her blade at me in defense of her friends. How endearing." The smile on his pale lips grew soft for a moment, but then he frowned and his glare sharpened. "Fortunately for me, they're not the ones I want." He pointed at us, causing the four Champion blights to rush in towards me. I got ready to fight back, but Azu flew into me and lifted me up so he could carry me away.

"AZU!" I snapped, losing grip of my sword just before I dropped it, and I looked back over his shoulder and tried to wriggle away from him. We're not leaving Ellet alone there!"

"That's right, I'm not." I watched as Sidon's trident's slammed into Ellet's claymore, and it took nearly all of his strength to shove the malice champion off. Yunobo rolled towards him, but he leaped out of the way, and also in time for Teba's bomb arrows to hit the same spot once Yunobo had already gone past.

"Azu, I have to fight this. All of this is my mess to deal with, not yours." I pleaded, but he didn't listen to me and only continued to fly forward. Ellet leaped over the rope connecting Riju and Patricia's hollows as they dashed by, and he landed in a crouched position to duck the normal arrows that flew over his head. "Azu, please!"

"I'm sorry, Ida." I could see in his expression that he didn't want to do what he was doing. And I knew I had to act.

I grabbed his arm and threw myself towards the ground, yanking him right out of the air and blowing all of his concentration on flying. We fell on the rough dirt and roll twice before I coughed and lifted myself up, wiping the dirt from my face and chest.

"Idalia!" Azu shouted as I ran towards Elric and Ellet, and I wrapped my hand around the hilt of my sword to pull it out of the ground. It was really stuck in the dirt though, and it wasn't until I noticed malice seeping out of the ground that I knew why. A malice hand wrapped around mine, and I looked up to see a hollow of myself. Reflecting me.

"AHH!" I pulled as hard as I could and managed to get the sword out of the ground before spinning and sweeping my leg under the hollow's feet, and it fell onto its back. I stabbed my sword into it and got rid of it, at least for now.

A shadow loomed over me for a moment before I turned around, and I saw Yunobo in a pink bubble about to fall on top of me. I rolled out of the way just before he hit the ground and bounced out of the way, and I twisted myself quickly to block an attack coming from Riju from behind.

Ellet managed to run over to me while trying to fight off Sidon, and I felt his back against mine as I ducked under Patricia, and he raised his shield to protect us from more arrows that came down from Teba. We spun around so I slash my sword at Sidon, and I sliced right through his tridents and left an opening for myself. I stabbed my sword into his chest and he popped, leaving us with just three more.

Ellet rushed in the other direction where Yunobo was rolling from, and I blocked a strike from Riju's scimitar as she darted in towards me. We went at it for a few hits, but Patricia rammed into us both, knocking me over and taking Riju with her.

I pushed myself off the ground and whacked the arrows that came towards me out of the sky and I saw Azu join our fight and prepare ice spikes. He shot them at Teba, but the rito hollow managed to avoid them with ease.