Chapter 64: East Bound | Pt 3

The late afternoon sun beat down on Hyrule as it slowly sank in the sky, and the activity across the kingdom started to calm down as the day grew closer to its end. We had already passed through the Gerudo Canyon, and we had crossed over Digg Dogg bridge.

"Alright, I think this is where we part ways," My father breathed as we reached the fork in the road just after passing between the Great Plateau and the Coliseum ruins. "The Gatepost Town ruins are just up ahead, and the Dueling Peaks Stable is just past the mountain. You two should spend the night there, get some rest before you get back to Hateno."

"We're going to stay the night at the Castle Town. In the morning, we'll head into the castle and defeat Elric, and once the battle is over, we'll stay one more night before heading for Hateno." My mother told Ellet and I, and we nodded. My father slid off his horse and reached out for me, and I slid off my horse and ran into his arms.

"It's only for a few days, it'll all be okay." My dad whispered, but it sounded more like he was trying to reassure himself than me. "Just be safe. If you have any problems, let us know as soon as you can." My mother hopped off her horse and walked over to join our embrace.

"We'll be alright. At least this time we'll be more prepared in case something happens at Fort Hateno, or anywhere for that matter." My mother pulled away from me and kissed my head, and I could see by the way she smiled that she knew we'd be fine. My father, on the other hand, looked worried. I knew he didn't want to leave us. But when he looked up at Ellet, I could tell he trusted him. It was more about him not trusting Elric.

"This is a sweet moment, but we have to keep moving, your highnesses." Purah interrupted, and my parents agreed and gave me one last squeeze before my father walked me to Ruby so he could help me up onto her back again. He helped my mother onto her horse, and then he mounted himself onto Epona again.

"We'll see you in a few days. We love you, Idalia." My mother smiled to me, and my father nodded and smiled as well.

"I love you, too. Good luck fighting Elric." I smiled softly, but then I added onto my sentence, "It's not like you'll need it though. I know you guys have him beat."

"Get some rest when you get to Fort Hateno. You deserve it." My father aimed his finger at me, and I promised I would. "Bye kids!"

"Bye dad! Bye mom!" I waved to them as they started heading down the path that led North to the Castle, and Ellet and I continued going East. The sun continued to set as we rode past the Great Plateau, and I looked up at the large section of land, wondering about Azu and how he was doing in the shrine with _____.

~~~~

"Try it again." Azu took in a deep breath, and then when he blew it out, fire blasted a good few feet outwards from his mouth. "Better! With just a little more practice, you'll be able to control all four elements at the same time." Azu released his breath, and had to take a few moments to catch his breath after holding the fire for so long.

"I wish I had enough time to stay and master them together," He sighed, and _____ tilted her head waiting for him to go on. "But I left in the middle of a war. I'm starting to worry about everyone, and I need to get back and make sure everyone's okay."

"Well, you know you can come back afterwards if you're still having trouble. I'm here until I know you don't need me anymore." She began to form a circle with the four elements, letting it spin slowly as she strengthened its power.

"Wait, you aren't always going to be here?" He asked, and she shook her head. "But I thought you were bound to this place."

"I'm only bound to the shrine now that you need me. Once you don't, my purpose will be fulfilled."