Chapter 45: Heroes of the West

"It just doesn't make sense." My father huffed, pacing circles around the inn as he pondered every possible that came to his mind. "How could that be capable of doing all this?"

For the past fifteen minutes since we arrived back at Rito Village, we sat considering what could have caused all of the time traveling events and strange power instances. The little guardian sat on the bed beside me, beeping and occasionally sounding a song I had never heard before. Yet it sounded so familiar at the same time.

"Where were all of you when you were taken to our world? And what exactly happened?" He turned to Urbosa first, so she took it as a cue to answer first.

"I was at the castle with _____ and Janelle, and as I was heading to bring _____ some water, I heard a voice, followed by a vision of Riju in trouble with the blight. I knew I had to help her." She glanced to the younger Chief, who smiled softly and shivered slightly with the cold. "Revali." The rito straightened his back and refocused his gaze to her, and he had to rethink the question to answer it.

"I was in the middle of a competition when I heard a shriek come from behind me. When I turned around, I was no longer in the blizzard I had been in for my contest, I was suddenly on Divine Beast Vah Medoh with Teba and that creature." He sighed, watching the fog from his breath leave his beak.

"Mipha and I were leaving the castle, and we had just parted when I heard Yunobo's voice and the shrieks of Lavablight, and suddenly I was there!" Daruk exclaimed, and Mipha agreed.

"The same happened to me! I'm just glad I was able to help my dear brother." She smiled up at Sidon, who grinned back and placed one of his large hands on her shoulder.

"Why were you all at the castle?" The blue rito Champion asked, and the other three exchanged looks with thinned lips. "What? Was there a special meeting I missed?"

"Revali, may I ask you a question?" Urbosa started, and Revali raised his head to her and tilted it, initiating her to go on. "Do you know?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"Do you know what happened in the royal family?" She asked, and he first narrowed his eyes and tried to guess but after a moment, they filled with worry and his frantic gaze urged her to continue. "Amirah, she was..." She held her hand to her mouth and felt tears prick the corners of her eyes, and Revali started panicking.

"Amirah was what?" He repeated, looking all around the room but mainly at the other two of his group. Mipha quickly jumped in and answered for the chief.

"The queen lost her life a few days ago." She reached out and placed her hand on Urbosa's back to try and console her, and she did her best to stay in control of her emotions. Revali's eyes went wide and he gasped.

"S-She's... gone?" He looked between the women and wanted to hope they were joking or meant some other queen. But based on Urbosa's tears alone, he knew it could be no one else. "Why didn't I find out about this? How's _____? And who's responsible for it?!"

"Enough!" Urbosa huffed and stood up, wiping tears from her face as she hurried out of the room and upstairs.

"Urbosa! Urbosa, wait!" Revali rushed after her, leaving the rest of us in silence for a moment. Mipha sighed and had to wipe tears from her eyes, and once Sidon noticed his sister's grief, he quickly wrapped his arms around her and hugged her. Daruk sighed and looked away, wanting to go after them but knowing it wouldn't help.

My father sighed and sat down next to me, and I placed my hand on his shoulder and offered him a small smile, which he returned but not easily. He glanced back at the little guardian still humming behind us, and he then wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.